icon

RSX 2002 Side Door Locks Not Working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
percyv143 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
Hi. I have a 2002 RSX and I have a problem with my side door locks. My side door locks does not lock/unlock when I use my remote. Only the hatch locks/unlocks. The main switch by the inside of the door works fine since when I press it down it will lock/unlock ONLY the hatch door NOT the side doors again. When I manually press down the small knob by the window to lock the doors it can only trigger the hatch door not again the side doors. I don't if the lock motor is not working for both which is odd because when I press the knob by the side door it can send a signal so that the hatch door lock triggers. What could be wrong? :(
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
If I am understanding correctly, no matter how you trigger the door locks, only the hatch locks/unlocks. The most likely cause of this problem is a blown fuse controlling the door locks seperately from the hatch lock, seeing this is a 2002 model year. It depends on if the factory wiring has a seperate power supply for the rear lock than the side locks. Obviously, all the triggers for lock/unlock are working, so the only other thing it could be is both door lock actuators are bad.         good luck
My rifle is my friend...
percyv143 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
I still need to figure out if there is really and separate fuse for both the side doors and I have to see how to open the side wall of the door to access the actuators. :(

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic