icon

Need to Choose My System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scubasteve2011 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hey evereyone.  I've got a 1999 Ford Crown Victoria and I'm looking to get my car decked out.  I like to listen to Alt. Rock and sometimes a bit of rap here and there.  I usually like to listen to it really loud.  So far, I've got a Alpine CDE-9845 head unit and I'm about to get a pair of Infinity Reference 6812cf speakers for my front doors.  I need help on choosing and amp(s) and either 1 or 2 subs.  I want to limit the cost of the amp(s) and the sub(s) to around $400.  Can youy all provide any input?  Thanks for the help!
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
Well this is a hard question to answer due to the fact that there are so many options out there.  For $400 you're going to have more limited options though.  Depending if this amount includes wiring and a box is going to make a difference as well.  Most everyone here will advise you to NOT skimp on the box for the subs.  Either have one custom made for you or make it yourself and make sure it is not going to flex and is properly designed for your specific driver.  You also need to specify how much room you have, what you are going for as far as SQ or SPL(what are your goals for the system), and if you have upgraded your electrical system at all.
jt824 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
I just changed my amps from Kicker to Arc Audio and I have been happy so far.
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

Like zhalverson said...  Do you want to be obnoxiously loud, SPL, or sound good and not miss a beat, SQ?  This will give us and yourself and idea of what route you want to go for sound wise.

That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
scubasteve2011 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Well I'd really like for it to sounds great and not miss a beat.  Loudness is not the highest on my priority list.  So far, I've been told that getting 1 13Wv2 JL Audio sub, a Profile mono amp for the sub.  and then I'd like another sub to power my 2 front door speakers.
scubasteve2011 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
anyone?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic