icon

door lock switch diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcop318 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2003 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  

I have a  problem , maybe you guys can help me. I have purchased a aftermarket 4 door power door lock kit . which can be interfaced with my car starter/ alarm. My question is this . How can i set up a power lock switch using a factory power lock switch with this system . is there a certain wire diagram that can help me wire this in correctly ? Thanks for your assistance on this issue any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

electrotech 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2003 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
possibbly the aftermarket kit you use will have 2 wires that require just a ground input from an alarm/starter system
to trigger the lock/unlock of the actuators.
if the factory switch you are using has 3 leads to it normally the centre was 12volts that was sent to the actuator when
pressed either for lock or unlock.
try putting a ground to the wire that would normally have had 12 volts on it, then attach the wires from the aftermarket door
lock system (1) to one side not in use yet, then the other wire from the aftermarket system to the other side of the switch.
this should only open a ground to either lock or unlock when the switch is used.
almost all aftermarket doorlock kits have these 2 wires extra in the kit and after installing this kit it should be easy for
you to figure the switch.
John
Ohmz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2003 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of car and what kind of switch are you using?
My Personal Installer Note: Connectors are easy, neat, and professional. But do you know how to crimp properly?
tcop318 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2003 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  

(john) thanks for the instruction i will try that  .

(ohmz)  i am installing this on a 1997 ford taurus , i am using a ford factury switch for this car.

Ohmz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2003 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with what John says, you should be ok. Let us know how it goes.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic