icon

2002 Yukon XL Factory Amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dj bigz 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2006 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
Evening folks, and thx in advance! I have a 2002 Yukon XL that I've just upgrade the audio system. Which consist of 3amps(1 for each 12' sub, and 1 for my mids and highs), & a new Kenwood DDX-7017. I have a couple of problems... 1, sometimes when i start my vehicle, the front & rear speakers wont play unless of switch my engine off and on, or I can pull the fuse for ONSTAR and re-insert it which will allow the speaker to play again. 2, now that I have an amp on the factory speakers(I chose not to re-wire), when I turn the volume up past a certain point, the front and rear speakers "clip" as if there is another in line amp somewhere. WTF is goin on? Does my vehicle have a factory amp installed somewhere?? If so, where would it be & how would I bypass it?? 2002 Yukon XL Factory Amp? -- posted image.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
It's under the seat.  There is a bypass harness available, otherwise you can just run wire from your new deck to the amp and "pop" the speakers.  This is explained under the sticky "how to figure out stereo wiring".
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
sab0276 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2006 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
I just ran all new speaker wire and replaced the speakers in my 2002 Yukon. It wasn't all that hard, just time consuming. If you have any specific questions about it let me know.
-Scott
2002 GMC Yukon SLT non-Bose
Pioneer AVIC N3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic