icon

How to Remove Door Cover?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
percyv143 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 3:14 AM / IP Logged  
Hi. I am planning to open the door cover on my 2002 RSX because I need to check the door lock actuators. Where should I start? I don't know where the screws are located. Thanks.
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  

not sure about your particular car, but screws are usually in the armrest, and bezel to open the door, could be others behind gromets, so look carefully.  To pop off the panel you will need a tool called a panel popper works wonders and will make life soooooo much easier and you wont break anything ESPECIALLY those darn clips! lol

Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
yeah, it's depend on the car, every car is diferent. you have to take a look where i have put the red marks in the pic, i'm not 100% about that but just to give you some idea, like my car it have screw and clips as shown in the red marks.
How to Remove Door Cover? -- posted image.
Shaking The Neighborhood
percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
My door is just like yours Aruman. I will check how it is opened. I will try to buy the popper tools to make sure that I won't damage the clips.
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
No percyv143 that's not my door that's an RSX door i just took that pic from the net. my car is an Toyota Corolla. so be carefull. sorry for the error.
Shaking The Neighborhood
percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Ok. My door is just like that. I hope somebody would post the locations of each clip/screws to make it easier. I don't want to damage the door. Thanks again.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
its really hard to damage the door unless you put an extreme amount of force while fulling it off. If you take all the screws off (which are usually easy to find. you just gotta look) then the dor will pop off with a good pull from the door handle or from a little VERY CAREFULL help from a large flat blade screwdriver from the bottom of the door panel. I have lost count of how many times ive pulled mine off. In fact im working on mountin 2 6.5" speakers a a tweeter in a custom panel as we speak. Good luck!
percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged  
Good to know that. That'll be my project his weekend to make sure if the actuators are really a-done-deal-not-working. I have 2 old actuators from my old celica that I had installed before. I can use it for the RSX.
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2006 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
cool man, but trust me on the panel popper the cost of that will save you in breaking things, especially those darn cheapo plastic clips which are a real P.I.T.A.! lol
percyv143 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2006 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
I'll try to get those panel poppers then. Any suggestion where I get them? I saw some sites around $20-$30.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic