icon

92 explorer, stereo system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
isocuda 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2006 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
OK, this will be a bit lengthy, my 92 explorer, witht eh factory amp, was bought froma guy who had installed a 96 sony cd deck and an aftermarket alarm, the alarm was removed before i bought it, and when i turned on the deck its comes on fine and the speakers click but no sound, none, what so ever, just a lcick turning on and a click when i turnt he deck off, no sound other wise, well i want a whole new Alpine system anyways, nothing rediculious just right, heres my plan , though im going to audio school soon, im not to keen on all the princapals,
OK THE PLAN:
upgrade all four 5"x7" speakers to
Alpine SPR-57LP Type-R's
Click Here For The Speakers
Than I want to upgrade the amp to a
Alpine MRP-F450 4ch 200w Amp
Click Here For The Amp
and ill probably get the monster cable 8-guage kit to go
with the amp, finally i want to get an
Alpine CDA-9857 CD/MP3 deck
Click Here For The Deck
OK i plan on getting all these at the same time, and doing one big installation, so this is just the four cabin speakers, no subs, i plan on making a sub setup later on during the summer with a seperate amp hooked up to alpine 12 inches (four 12 inches) but thats a later project that'll require a better alternator and what not, SO i'd appreacate anyone in the know about all this to please check out all these parts and see if i did my math right, im pretty sure im getting everything to line up with just enough sound for just enough speaker, so any help or comments would be welcome :)
bassplayer24_7 
Copper - Posts: 40
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2006 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
everything looks okay, the speakers should be able to handle the 70 watts RMS from the amp (i think thats what your aksing). only other thing you might want to think about is getting a heavier guage of wiring and running it now so you dont have to run more later when you put subs in. so if you run a 0 guage now you wont have to re-run another power wire later (thinking for the future).
(2) 12" JL W3V3
(1) 6" JL W0
Phoenix Gold Octane R 8.0:1
Phoenix Gold Octane R 2.0:1
Phoenix Gold Octane R 5.0:4
Clarion Crossover
JVC Head Unit
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  

Everything sounds good, just a few things I'd like to recommend,precheck for existing parts or plan to also buy, dash kit,wiring harness,speaker plugs,high quality speaker wire.A few other things I'd like to add, 0guage wire would be nice,but not really needed....a nice 2-4 guage dual amp kit will work great, and pick up yourself another set of rca's...that way you'll have everything you need for the one big install. You'd already have all the wiring you'll need to install the other amp(s) later. Upgrading the alternator is also another nice upgrade, but still probally not needed in your application.The first upgrade for the electrical system I would say would be getting yourself a yellow top Optima battery.Good luck on ya install!!

sS

Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 1:24 PM / IP Logged  
Just curious, what is the yellow top going to serve exactly? Atleast in this current situation.
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

I was saying that the first electrical system upgrade should be the battery. The yellow top opitma battery would handle deeper cycling and a resist alot more abuse than a factory battery and alot less likely to have you dead on the side of the road. I wasnt necessarily recommending one for this application...just a general electrical upgrade.

sS

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic