icon

1984 Chevy C-10, cd player

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I just got my first real job. After working on mine and my familys cars for so long, hehe. I am going to be redoing the interior of a 1984 Chevy C-10 pickup truck. I am installing a cd player in it. My assumption is that when I pull the old tape player out of it, there will be those metal brackets running vertical in the way of installing a cd player. How do you guys usually take care of these brackets? What do you do to install the cd player?
What kind of kit would you use just any metra kit or do they make some for them?   Thanks guys, realitycheck
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  

Its not addressed to me but I'll try to answer........I prefer an  air saw and metra does have a kit listed if you are a happy cutter you may want to get it. 87-99-3052 it has the abs piece and a metal plate in case you cutter to big. A dremel tool will work also but it will take a lot of tmie and little cutting disks. If you have 3.5" grinder you can get cuting disks for it and it will do the job. Hope this helps, I am sure some awesome installers will have more ideas for ya....

gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
take the metal bracket that goes around the cd player and put it on the dash where the oe radio went. center the basket between the right edge of the plastic dash and the place on the left where the dash bends. line up the top of the basket with the top of the radio hole. this will leave a small gap on the bottom but when the unit is in it will look perfect. 
I can eat fifty eggs
gregory863 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
ps  the metal behind does not have to be cut completely away just cut out vertically from the corners of the rad hole and bend back th metal
I can eat fifty eggs
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks extreme, thanks gregory. I guess I should change the title I dont care if you get paid for installing or not, I just need to info. Thanks guys.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic