icon

vw can interface

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2006 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
hi does anyone know of any good can interfaces for a 2002 vw golf? if so could someone let me know of any websites that i can get one from. thanks in advance
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  
I could be way off, but I did not think VW moved to CAN until 04.
What are you trying to integrate into the car?
reisset 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, I install one in my Jetta '02 last year.  I use the CAN SL from Fortin Electronics System.  I'm very satisfied.  the link is : http://support.fortinautoradio.com/products/can_bus_kits/.

Martin

joe_1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2006 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  

thanks guys

i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
joe_1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2006 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
where could i get 1 from that will supply to the uk?
reisset 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2006 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

I dont realy know but you can try to join one of these distributors : http://support.fortinautoradio.com/distributors/.

I hope it's helpfull

Martin

Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 2:44 AM / IP Logged  
have you tried contacting Directed in the UK about the Can1 Interface that they do?
It is designed for VW/Skoda/Seat/Audi vehicles.
joe_1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 3:22 AM / IP Logged  
i will be installing the alarm today or either over the next day,  i wont bother with the interface i will just have to get the door lock wires at the drivers door moduel and at the general moduel above the dashboard, ive never worked on a vw before what are they like as in fitting alarms in for room?
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  
pretty simple. I did a 2006 R32 on Saturday and there was quite a bit of room around. You should be able to get the alarm brain in at the back of the center console. There is a grommet on the passenger side just above the kick panel that will let you get through into the engine bay without much trouble.
joe_1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  

hi done the alarm today, went ok but i have a problem with the central locking. when i arm the vehicle the alarm arms but the locks dont go down, if i then disarm it and try again it will take up to 3 goes to get the alarm to arm and lock, and the same with the disarm and unlock,

when i disarm and it does unlock i have the second unlock wired correct aswell as it takes another press to open the boot and passenger door.   when the ign is turned on the doors lock with ign and unlock when turned off fine, any ideas on what is wrong??

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic