DEI 556U or Omega Pass4?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pcguy760 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I am deciding which PATS bypass to get for my Ford Expedition in order to use the remote start feature of the Audiovox APS997 system. I have came across the 556U and the Omega Pass4....

Which one would you guys recommend? Got the new rear tailgate glass today that those motherf***ers totally destroyed (See pic in my other post here).

Anyways, let me know - Thanks.

Mo

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
Both of those pieces are good, and would work fine. They both require a key left in a box. If you still have 2 programmed keys for the truck why not look into something like DEI's 555F? This would eliminate the need to leave key in a box, and in most cases is less money than the cost of a universal bypass and extra key.
pcguy760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  

I've read posts on here that the 555F has problems in extremely cold weather and the 555U does not. That's why I want the 555U or Pass4.

Thanks.

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 20, 2006 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
Don't know what year Expidition you have, but ....Have you looked at the OMEGA IB-1 or 3 units?
Or the IM-4............They hardwire with NO Key required to stay in vehicle. 
Otherwise I like either DEI or OMEGA Key in box.  But I have found both have problems with RF Interference on some Vehicles. 
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
pcguy760 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2006 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  

Hi, the Expedition is a 1997 Eddie Bauer Edition and I already bought the Omega PASS4 before I came to this thread but I guess it's all good.

I am not sure if its okay to post it here, but my other question is, when wiring the keyless entry wires from the alarm, do I just tap the wires into the wires that go the factory module?

Also I am wiring two shock sensors - I was told somewhere on here that a diode needs to be installed on one sensor. Which wire does the diode go on and which direction is the diode suppose to face? Do I just wires the sensors in parallel?

Thanks!

mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 22, 2006 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  

If your 997 has On-Board Relays for Lock / Unlock.....Yes wire direct.

If your 997 does NOT & only has 250 - 500ma  Lock / Unlock Outputs ( usually ) the manuf. recommends Relays to supply a stronger GROUND Pulse.
But, Some Installers wire direct.

Try:

https://www.the12volt.com/diodes/diodes.asp

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic