icon

mp3 to stock deck

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gorgerunner 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2006 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2000 chevy xtreme s-10 with the stock cd player/ radio. I was wondering if there was any way to connect my MP3 player to it. I have a "creAtive" brand MP3 player. I was just curious if there was anything other than an FM transmitter I could use, like something hard wired into the back of the deck. Thank you for your help.
gorgerunner 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2006 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
anyone have any ideas. thanks.
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2006 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
You can use a wired FM modulator, it plugs directly into the antenna input on the factory radio and gives you an RCA input which is easy enough to convert to a 3.5mm headphone jack. Since it is a chevy however you will need to get either 2 antenna adapters (as chevy uses a small barbed antenna) or cut the factory antenna and splice it in line with it. This is the one I normally use works great but as it is a powered unit you need to install the switch it comes with as well or you may lose your AM stations. FM Modulator
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2006 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

I dont think they had a AUX input on the 00 so more than likely a pereheial plug is a no go. Like Ferretvw said, A wired FM modulator is you best bet for using the stock radio. If you have a Ipod, I would say to get a new Alpine deck thats Ipod ready...all you'd need is the $30 cable instead of a $99 brain box....GL

sS

kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
i use aux input on mine. works EXCELENTTTTT
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
gorgerunner 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  

kirktcashalini wrote:
i use aux input on mine. works EXCELENTTTTT

could you possibly post a link to the one you have? Thanks for all your help guys. I appreciate it alot.

TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
I just put an Alpine CDA-9851 in my wifes Equinox and the relatively inexpensive cable for the Aux imput on the unit runs her Creative Labs MP3 player perfectly. I would recommend picking up a new deck as well.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic