icon

96 Accord range? issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dale97jgc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
Hello guys.  I have this awful problem with an Airwolf 20096 that I installed on my 1996 Honda Accord.  It seems to be a range issue.  The only way that the 2-way remote works is if I'm standing within 10 feet of the car, and even sometimes then it won't work.  The car usually receives the signal from the remote, but the remote doesn't always receive the signal back from the car.  A lot of times I will get the "HOPP" error, meaning that it couldn't get the right code (it's a code hopping system), and I have to try again.  I tried relocating the antenna so that it wasn't under the window tint, I relocated the ground wire to a wire under the hood that connects directly to the negative battery cable, and none of those fixed the problem.  I have the same system installed on my other vehicle, so I started swapping components, including the brain, antenna, and remote, but that didn't work either.  When I put the components from the Accord in my other vehicle, it worked fine.  This is driving me nuts.  My wife refuses to drive the car at night because sometimes she can't get the car unlocked until she's right up next to the car, and even then sometimes you have to press the button a couple of times for it to work.  I just have no idea on what to check next.  This car doesn't have an external antenna for the car radio, I'm assuming it has some kind of internal antenna.  Could this be interferring with my r/s system?  If so, how can I fix it?  I'm half tempted to buy the range extender that DEI sells for this system, but I don't know if that will fix my problem either.  Please help.  I'm selling this car next year, and if I can't get the bugs worked out, I'll have to remove it.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of wiindow film/tint is on the car and what windows are tinted?  Some films are metalized and if your have all your windows tinted it will screw up the range.
dale97jgc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
I moved the antenna so that it is below the window tint.  That didn't solve the problem either.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  

Are all the rest of your windows tinted though? driver/pass/back door windows/back glass.

dale97jgc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
No, there is no other tint on the car.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2006 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

I know this probally sounds retarded, but as soon as your out of range w/ the remote, try again by pressing the remote up under your chin....it will boost the signal a little bit and basically tell you if your battery in the remote is dying....alot of the time alarms are packaged w/ a battery than may sit in the package unused for a year....and by the time you install it....the battery need to be replaced...try that out.

sS

dale97jgc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
That doesn't seem to work real well either.  Velocity Motors told me to try and relocate the antenna again, so as soon as I get a chance, I will try that.  Has anyone had any problems like this on this car before (1996 Honda Accord)?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic