icon

tweeter pods

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kaace 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2006 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

i am attempting my first FG tweeter pods...they are going in the corner of the windshield and dash of a 1997 honda civic DX coupe...i cut two wedges of surgical foam to approximate sizes and plan on glassing them and pushing them into the corners while they are wet and let them cure to the correct shape...

my plan

tape and foil the corners

soak the foam with resin

push in and let dry...

??????????

"it was a rhetorical question...what have i told you about thinking"
toolinmaine 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2006 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

the foam will try to retain its original shape so after you force it in it might just pop right out. If i am thinking correctly there is a panel on the door right on the inside of the door where the mirror mounts are. If you take this panel off and form a mold that will fit it would probably fit nicer.  If you want to go w/ your original plan make sure they are at least close to the final shape.

eric anderson-nosredna cire
kaace 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2006 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  

thanks...i did one and it didnt pop out...got the curves of the dash nice...didnt do the front...still need to buy the tweeters and customize that part....i want the tweeters the furthest away from my ears they can be...i want depth in my music...thinking about putting 8s in the kick panels...i want my car to be musical first...volume (if i want it) second...

"it was a rhetorical question...what have i told you about thinking"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic