icon

12 volt ir repeaters

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ragingwookie 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2006 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ok second post to date...i appreciate all the help its workin good...
anyway i now have a gentleman who wants to hide his entire audio system in a 1950 ford. now the prob. is the radio. it will prob. be a kenwood kdc-x970 i need to hide that and i was wondering if anyone knew of ir repeater systems that would allow me to place the headunit completely out of site.I have worked in home audio using these all the time but thats in a house not running on 12 volts. or possibly 6 depending on the electrical in the car have not checked that yet. any assistence would be great thank you all...
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2006 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
oooh ive never seen it in a car, because normally its something to show off. In houses there are alot of those they are sweet. i wonder if you can dissasemble the head unit and take the eye out that recieves from the remote, and plug it into some small guage wire and run that up to the dash? or too hard.
make sure to leave room for it to be able to cool somewhat.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2006 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
firstrax 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2006 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 25, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

scosche makes one toowww.scosche.com/

sS

ragingwookie 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2006 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
thanx for theinfo but apparently he now wants a marine unit with a wired remote rather silly i think but the customer gets what he wants i guess. i love how they always know the best thing to do lol.
Custom_Jim 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2006 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

I'm working with a customer with a 33 Dodge truck and we too had talked about IR repeaters since he wanted the radio more hidden and out of the overhead console to make the console smaller. We decided on a non-marine Pioneer radio and the wired Pioneer remote. He also opted for the better one that had the display in it so he can see what radio station is on or what CD is playing. Even though the truck will have this wired remote with a display, it is a lot smaller and gives us more mounting location options. The display for this one mounts into a 2" diameter hole and the outside dimensions are about 3" x 4". Depending on the brand your choices may be more limited looking for marine models. 

Jim

1968 Chevy II Nova Garage Find 2012
1973 Nova Custom
1974 Spirit of America Nova
1973 Nova Pro-Street
SoundShop 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2006 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
We've used one from Xantech on a few bus and boat installs. It's made for home but has a 12vdc input on the connecting block. Model # 291-KIT/RP.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic