icon

Green LED when disarmed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hideo namigata 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2006 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  

I have installed the viper 560XV with the help  of all of  you and everything works just fine. Thank you all for those giving me a great help.

Right now, there is one original RED LED flashes when armed. is there any way that I can add more or less the same quality of the GREEN LED that flashes for a few seconds when disarmed ? if possible, simple and economical way. Maybe two green LED, one on driver side and other on passenger side door sill.

Any suggestion/advise will be greatly appreciated, Cheers

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2006 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
use your factory disarm wire.
this wire pulses ground when disarmed but then stops.
so out of this wire get a dei 528t pulse timer relay wire it up from a negative to a possitive output set the timer for what ever time you want, than wire up leds on the possitive output of the timer relay. make sure you use 1000ohm resisters on the leds so you dont burn them out.
i dont have a diagram on the 528t pulse timer relay but what will happen is when you press unlock it will activate timer relay for set time the relay will throw a possitive and then shut off. and leds will obviously stop flashing.
528t's are usually available at dei retailers or online.
if you need wire hookup info you can send me the diagram from the timer relay and i will step bu step tell you how to do it.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
jonnylee 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2006 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

djfearny2, thank you so much for your guidance.

First I will search for the timer and take a look at it. Apart from this and the 1000ohm resisters, anything I need ? like a diode ?

Thanks again, Cheers

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic