good 2 way fm alarm/starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stalt 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone,

I just sold my 1999 camry with the commando fm -5005 2 way fm alarm starter in it.

It was a breeze to install, but as I drive a lot the fab had to be replaced pretty much every 10 months or so.  at $50 a crack it was an added cost I was not too thrilled about.

I just bought a 2002 toyota camry and am getting ready to put a starter alarm in it now.  it is the xle so I am fairly certain it has the transponder in it.

any reccomendations on a good alarm that is 2 way, can accept the transponder bypass, and has a fab that is not bio degradable?

Thanks,

Stalt
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2006 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
well i use nothing but dei so i personally would say the viper 791 but its expensive and just as all two ways you drop them, they brake, some last longer than others. i have to say though my remote looks desent after 1.2 years it has been dropped a million times, and the only thing wrong with it is scratches and stuff on the case of remote. but as far as the dei 791 goes its an awsome reliable alarm with many features outputs and of course it will work with camrys although a 2002 camry will not likely have a chipped key as i did a 2005 not to long again and it did not have it althogh i am not certain you may luck out however with this alarm and added bypass it is easy to set up and do. with either a dei 555x or dei 556u or maybe even a newer bypass. they are all basically easy to do.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic