icon

93 Cadi Fleetwood Viper 791xv Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
enihcamxes4you 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2006 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
im losing my hair over this car.  I installed the viper791 into a 93 fleetwood.  a couple things that differ than on directechs site. first for the parking lights+ its listed as brown at headlight switch, or in lower DKP. I pulled the switch, no brown wire. after testing all wires a green wire tested right.  was that right?   it seemed to work fine.  also the door trigger is stated as lt. blue at anti theft module.  i found dk.blue/ black   just in front of back seat in a 8 pin plug. (used alldata due to monster system in trunk and could not access anything back there. that works fine.   now the issue.   battery drains with a quickness. like less then 5 hours of not driving. it dies. i am a certified installer, installed many alarms but i couldnt see an alarm killlin a battery that fast. but you know how people are. anyways i went to the car this evening in a parking lot and the parking lights and dome lights keep flashing and i located the relays that are constntly clicking just right of the brake pedal mounted to the fire wall . what would cause that?   i pulled the alarm back out to show the owner alarm is not the problem. and sure enough it continued to click.  any ideas of things i could try?   is it possible the alternator (still original) crapped the bed and the battery got so low it messed up the alarm as well as other components in the car?     any help would be greatly appreciated . im just trying to avoid a visit to a mechanic and stuck with a major bill.
Lenny Jenkins
MECP First Class Installer
6 years
enihcamxes4you 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2006 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  
im sorry i mis typed the location of the relays, they are left of the brake pedal.
Lenny Jenkins
6 years
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2006 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
yes tere are mistakes on the wire guides, that why you always test the wires. there is NOT one guide yet that i ahve not found mistakes on. people are human and peole make mistakes.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 27, 2006 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Cadillac has applied different names to different cars at different times, which can cause some confusion.
Is the car front-wheel or rear-wheel drive?
enihcamxes4you 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
it was front wheel drive. i have found the problem. I took the alarm off completely and the car still had issues.. he took it to his mechanic and the negative terminal on the battery had alot of corrosion causing it to have a bad ground, and we all no a bad ground will make an alarm do crazy things.  new battery cleaned up the terminals and all is well.  thanks for the suggestions.
Lenny Jenkins
6 years

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic