icon

How secure is your vehicle?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 4:16 AM / IP Logged  
OK I was talking to one of my uncles who is an ex-car jacker and well I told him about the things I wanted to do to my car and he was giving me tips on how he used to steal cars and all that stuff.  Do you really think your car is secure and can be recovered like they say it can??  Let me know what you have in your car and I will try to see if my Uncle is as smart as he says he is haha.  Im looking for some volunteers to give me what they have in there car already and not just try to make me feel stupid please lol.  Because I know there are ways to make a car unstealable and all that.
mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 4:23 AM / IP Logged  
I have sat track and cell phone shut down with 7 points of immobilisation including fuel, ignition 1 and 2, starter, computer, coil pack and battery isolator and its said to be unstealable now.  Even if you tried to tilt tray it away the police would know exactly where it is.
WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 5:00 AM / IP Logged  
the only way to seel my car is to tow it, although it will be tracked. and i get called unless press unlock on my alarm
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
el terror 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
theyll never find my kill switchHow secure is your vehicle? -- posted image.
sigh 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
look, i think that you'll never be safe from a real theif. i don't know about this guys uncle, but if somebody wants to steal your car and they are smart, no matter how much security you have in it, they will steal it. So as long as you keep away from the regular stupid car jackers of type "i saw that once on TV" i think you'll be fine, at least that's what i'm hoping for.
as for your uncle - did he do that for a living, or it was just for fun?
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  

If a theif wants my car, they are going to steal it regardless. I have made it a little tough for them. I have 1/0ga running under my car in PVC from my battery in my engine compartment to my battery in my trunk. I have a second wire 18ga, inside the car from batt to batt just incase the 1/0ga gets cut to keep my alarm still active. I also have my alarm wired to both batteries so its covered from all angles. However, Im more concerned about my stereo stuff getting stolen than the car itself. I have insurance for the car with gap coverage. For the stereo I have an eclipse deck with the ESN so thats always good. I use security screws on all of my speakers so unless they have the right bit, its not coming out. I usually strip 1 or 2 of the screws as I put them in on purpose to make it even tougher. My sub box is also bolted in several places in the trunk. Plus it weighs about 200lbs with the subs in it so its a PITA to get out.

"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
My car alarm is running off my aux batteries in the trunk which are hidden behind panels, my alarm is behind those same panels. My starter wire is and ign wires are severed by relays in a couple places and when my alarm goes off you hear it, 3 exterior sirens and 2 mini Pezo's inside. My car is far from unstealable, not even close, but some little bas***d isnt gonna steal it with a screwdriver, thats all I car about.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
djfearny2 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
unstealable ? what is that. it is not possible to have an unstealable car. like i said if they want my car they will tow it. and shoot all that stuff is covered i would like to have a fresh start do things different, so basically they or someone can steel my car. just please make is disappear to the point that it is never found. i am in want of a newer car anyway. but still owe 3000 on the one i have.
Jon
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
aceracer24 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
My battery is under the rear seat :) Good luck cutting that power. I could easily install a second battery across from the first one but why bother. Unfortunatly since my car is old it's very easy to either brake the glass or jimmy the door but thats what the alarm is for. No alarm is full proof but every bit of security you add to your car makes it that much harder to steal and takes them that much longer as well. I have SOME peace of mind that with my remote pager, I might have enough advance notice to get back to the car in time to find the thief..I'll not go into detail as to what would happen to him if I did in fact find him there still....it's to graphic
1968 VW Beetle
Pioneed DEH-780MP, 2 10' Memphis PR104D, Memphis PR500.1, TXC 6.1, MTX Thunder 8502
djfearny2 
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
graphic indeed. because it is my obligation to prevent something from happening to my baby i would have to stop the neglectfull acts towards the car and kick some serious butt. but if i dont see it then i am sol. and i would have to hope it stays gone. or becomes to expensive to fix. panels etc.
because I too have my box and panels screwed and bolted down. not for security but for safety i dont need my box ramming it self up my $%^& if some dumb floridian rearends me. so since people dont know my setup there will be massive ripping. and prying.
Jon

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic