icon

1993 Ford F-150 XLT, Audiovox Remote Starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
comptechltd 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2003 at 2:16 PM / IP Logged  

I am preparing to install an Audiovox remote starter / keyless entry in my 1993 F-150.  Anything special I should know about ??  How about wiring diagrams??  I have seen the list from this board and assume I should use the "alarm" section as a wiring reference.  This is my first install.

Thanks,

Steve

Ohmz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2003 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
If this is your first install, you will learn how to use relays to make the doors lock work (if you have pwr door locks). But other wise to that this vehicle is straight foward. You have a lot of space under the dash to find all your wires. The diagram on this site is pretty much correct.
My Personal Installer Note: Connectors are easy, neat, and professional. But do you know how to crimp properly?
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2003 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

your door locks are five wire means when one let say the lock the unlock wire sees ground and when you do the unlock the lock sees ground . the setup is farly easy and can be used on almost any car but most cars have negative or possitive setup meaning they all ready have five wire setup in factory.

on both realys it is the same thing

pin 85 input from alarm

pin 86 and 87 constant 12 volts pos.

pin 30 motor side of either door lock wire.

and pin 87a is the switch side of either door lock wire.

this means find your wires and what will happen is when you press the switchthe lock wire will show 12 volts pos and do the same for the unlock wire and after you find them most likely in your drivers kick pannel you will cut them in half and determine the key side of the wire and the motor side of the wire this is done but cutting the wire in half after you determined it is the right one. putting a tester on each side of wire. the side of the wire that shows 12 volts pos is the switch side and the side that either shows ground or nothing is the motor side of wire than hook up the relay  as shown above. o yeah print this.

Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
trusdamanr 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2003 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  

1993 Ford F-150 XLT, Audiovox Remote Starter -- posted image.

heres the same thing in picture form1993 Ford F-150 XLT, Audiovox Remote Starter -- posted image.

comptechltd 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2003 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  

I would like to thank everyone for their help1993 Ford F-150 XLT, Audiovox Remote Starter -- posted image. I have the remote starter installed and it is working.  The kit I purchased does not include the relay's for the door locks so I will attempt to purchase them and install the first part of the week.  I still have a couple of questions though.

1993 Ford F-150 XLT, Audiovox Remote Starter -- posted image.1) When I use the remote start the "ABS" light comes on.  It goes off when I enter the truck and turn on the key.  Is this a problem?? Will it hurt anything?

1993 Ford F-150 XLT, Audiovox Remote Starter -- posted image.2) I can access the door lock wires on the passenger side kick panel.  I have traced four wires Lets say A, B, C,D. I have the following results

Passenger door lock switch UNLOCK A has 12 V

Passenger door lock switch LOCK B has 12 V

Driver door lock switch UNLOCK C has 12 V

Driver door lock switch LOCK D has 12 V

Can I use any matched (Driver or Passenger) pair of wires for the relay?

Is this location Okay??  It is much easier to access it there rather than the drivers side.

Thanks Again,

Steve

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic