icon

Weird FM Modulator Situation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
ok, need some help on this one guys. i installed a flipdown Insignia tv today and everything went well until i turned on the fm modulator. it sounded great at first and then began to get more and more static in the system. i called my mentor at another store and asked him if he had a trick but to no avail. the problem was that i didn't have a wired fm modulator to fix the situation but since the tv was already mounted i don't even know if it has an audio output for the built-in dvd. also, the unit doesn't have an antenna wire coming out of the unit so i can't extend that down to the vehicle's antenna. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance for all the help on this one. :D
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 28, 2006 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
If it's that black one we got now, it does have a regular rca audio out.  The no external antenna thing threw me for a loop today too.  If you happen to have one of those wireless mods that dei sent us last year laying around try one of those.  Worked great for me.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
bmwpwner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  

i checked today and i don't have the dei fm mod but i did find the wired fm mod that we sell (the one that has our best buy logo on it) but i haven't used one of those yet. are they any good? anyway i'm gonna call the customers tomorrow and see if they are even worried about it. when i told them about the problem they really mainly cared that the headphones worked. thanks for the response and i'll holla at ya laterz. go 778! :D

-Socrates-
cntrylvr79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
NO, the mod that we sell sucks ALOT.  CAuses alternator whine, loss of all am and quite a bit of fm reception.
Silvrefox 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
We sell one at Circuit City that has an On/Off switch (if you leave it on and try to listen to AM, reception sucks) that is fairly inexpensive and works really well. We end up using it alot to connect Ipods as well and people really like it.
cntrylvr79 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
YEah if there's a CC by you, grab one of theirs, works a lot better and comes with a ground loop islolator just in case.
bmwpwner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  

ok cool, i'll get a price from my buddy from the local CC and let the customer know what they will owe to fix the issue. thanks for the input guys i really appreciate it.

-Socrates-

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic