icon

police flashing lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Raid 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2003 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 76' Ford that I use for plowing snow and I have some of those small orange lights that are hooked up to a toggle switch.  I would like those lights to rapidly flash just like the police cars. 

thank you

brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2003 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
You can go autozone and buy a electronic flasher.  It will have three pins on it.  One will be labled e and it will go to ground. One of the other pins will go to your wire that comes off of the swith and the other to the lights themselves.  The more lights that you hook to this unit the slower it will flash.  Good luck.  Brian
Raid 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2003 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info Brian.  Autozone is about 2 min from my house and I am leaving now to get it.  Thanks again!
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2003 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
you can also get a two pin flasher and just interupt the wire going to the possitive of the light and cit it and connect one end to one pin of flasher and the other to the other pin of the flasher.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
Raid 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you both for your help
jcaimhigher 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2003 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

Finally something I can respond to.  I happen to do all the installs for our fleet to include cameras, UC cars, etc..  You can use a 537 can or thermal flasher or an EL13 electromechanical Tridon flasher which is about $20 compared to the $8 537 but it's much more reliable and you can take it apart and solder a 1k ohm potentiometer inline and remove the resistor so you can speed up or slow down the speed to the desired pattern.  Galls.com also has some alternating relay flashers that are around $40 but are worth it.  That's about the going rate for the more common fleet use flashers.

HTH

John

John
jcaimhigher@ixpres.com
Bond of the Blue Beret

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic