icon

Stock HU with system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smokinsmitty 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Ok my buddy just bought 2 10s and a 600watt amp! well he wants me to hook it up but he is using the stock HU so how would i run the RCA's and the Remote wire?
1 15" Memphis Mojo,
Memphis 16-mc1000D amp,
Audiopipe 4gauge mp kit, Pioneer DEH4700MP head unit.
2002 Yamaha 660R Raptor
Yamaha FZR600 crotch rocket
Sea Doo XP800
Sea Doo Spi
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
You would need to use high level inputs if that amp has them or get a line level convertor. Most stock HU's dont have rca's.
As far as for the remote wire I'm not sure but I'm sure someone else here will help.
Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
I would go with a separate Line output convertor, the quality will surpass that of the built in high level inputs on most amps.  As for a remote wire, you can just tap into the accessory wire that turns on the factory stereo.  Just be sure to put a fuse on it if you're drawing your current from a larger wire than the remote wire you're putting in.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

You might be able to find a switched power source somewhere near the amp installation area instead of running the wire up to the dash.  Look around with your meter.  Use the aftermarket LOC as said above...avoid some possible problems.  The LOC will have pot adjustments so you can tune in the best sound.  Use the manufacturer's recommendation for where to set them at first.  (Search for LOC on this forum for more info).

If you run into problems you will want to post the model of car and all that stuff that should get posted to begin with for better specifics.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
since you have the car apart to run RCAs anyway - wont be too hard to run the remote as well.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic