icon

a/c blowing on tv

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yourm0m1 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

im just wondering if there will be any long term effects of my a/c blowing on the back of the tv when flipped out, i can close the vents but then the a/c ends up inside the dash and causing the unit itself to get cold. also what about heat issues, as far as leaving the tv flipped out and sun hitting the back during the daytime? has anyone ever had a tv get effected from any of these issues? jw thanks

fearx24 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
Im curious to here any comments on this also...
church_of_bass 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
the a/c shouldn't effect the circuitry negatively by any means.  In fact, most electronics operate more efficiently when they are kept cool, so if anything, it's probably good for it.  If the screen is LCD however, and it gets very cold, the liquid crystal may not flow rapidly enough for quickly changing colors while watching dvds or tv.  As for the sun hitting the back of the screen, it's not necessarily a good thing, but i wouldn't think that it's a serious enough issue to go out of your way to correct it.  It shouldn't be much of a problem.  Hope that helps!
"alcohol and night swimming - It's a winning combination!" - Lenny
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
same here i have a kenwood 915 and in normal play it runs hot. so since i have a vent right above i cut a little hole in it and ran a small peice of 5/8 flex line fasing the vents on the radio so the unit will cool down. since i live in florida everything is always so hot. so when my ac is on it blows toward the vent of the unit not the screen and it is a few inches away so it blows the hole unit not a specific spot.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic