Dome lite delay vs 528T

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonnylee 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 3:03 AM / IP Logged  

Hi gyus,

I am not sure if I can tap in to the Dome lite delay with spdt relay somehow to keep the head lite on to light up the drive way until the dome lite goes off. I think it is easier to use the pulse timer called 528T but I would like to try this dome lite dealy(bulb) , besides I have couple of spdt relays around.

I know that each time I lock or unlock with Viper 560XV keyless, the dome lites on for about 10 seconds then goes off. I have tested the bulb in the dome lite with DDM and it is constant 12V with lite off. When the lite on, the voltage drops and gradually going up to 12 volts when the light goes off.

If anyone tried or know how to wire them, pls show me the diagram?

Thank you so much for your porfessional advise

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 5:52 AM / IP Logged  
If you tap off of the dome supervision out, MAKE SURE you diode isolate or use 2 relays so that the headlights only come on with the module, and not when you open the doors. You don't want your headlights "dimming" out like a domelight does.
Mike
jonnylee 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  

NowYaKnow, thanks for your reply and advise. Yes, I am thinking of using 2 relays which is triggered by the negative pulse from the door lock(451M) so that head light will be on only at locking the door.

The problem is the 12 volts power source from the dome light delay which is 12 volt constant at rest and either lock or unlock, the 12 volt drops and comes back again(dimming out). should I use additional relay to reverse polarity ?

Thanks again for your advise.

swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
you can also just use an aux ch to turn on the headlights when ever you want, and have it set for time you need, all you need is 1 relay
jonnylee 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  

swamprat323 wrote:
you can also just use an aux ch to turn on the headlights when ever you want, and have it set for time you need, all you need is 1 relay

Thanks, swamprat323

Aux channel?, is it in the mannual? I am not sure about the connection of a relay.

Could you kindly show me the diagram?

Thanks again for your help

swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
yes it is in the manural you got about 3 aux channel to use 4 , 5 , and 6 i belive.
to wire a realy
85 form alarm
86 12 volt
30 to head light wire in car
87 12 volts.
also can be program for a cetain amount of time. im not sure what tiem is can be "with out " the bitwritter, but i think it can be set for 30 sec of 60 sec.
jonnylee 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

swamprat323 wrote:
yes it is in the manural you got about 3 aux channel to use 4 , 5 , and 6 i belive.
to wire a realy
85 form alarm
86 12 volt
30 to head light wire in car
87 12 volts.
also can be program for a cetain amount of time. im not sure what tiem is can be "with out " the bitwritter, but i think it can be set for 30 sec of 60 sec.

Thanks again swamprat323,

I will dig into the manual myself and see if I can program the timer without the bitwritter.

Thanks again for your kind and prompt relay, very much appreciated.

swamprat323 
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
you can change the time it think only 30 or 60 sec with bitwriter can do it up to 90 sec

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic