icon

airridepros.com or Chassis Tech

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  

has anyone delt with this company for air ride suspension parts before? and what about Chassis Tech? I've heard that they may be one in the same company.

any info would be great.

Thanks!

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
The website doesnt seem to work, but I wouldn't doubt it if it is the same company, they have a bunch of sites and names. The MAIN ones you will find them under are AIM & Chassis Tech. Quick and to the point, AIM/Chassis Tech is a horror story. Search the net and you will find they screw a lot of people, are TERRIBLE to work with, and have so-so parts at best. You will find bad reviews one after another. Unfortunately, they are the only company that makes the parts for certain vehicles, so people still deal with them simply for this reason. Or people don't research them beforehand. I've never heard of anyone dealing with them without having some part of the deal go bad. They have the worst customer service of any company I've ever dealt with. Bottom line, if ANYBODY else makes the parts you want, buy them instead even if it costs more. I would use the old "you get what you pay for" quote, but with them you usually don't even get what you order much less what you paid for.. I will give you a few random quotes I found doing a quick search on the net:
"You clearly underestimate the magnitude at which AIM has royally screwed the entire custom industry."
"I hope your order experience with AIM goes ok. What is worse than their products is their customer service. Worse than that is their track record with shipping the wrong parts. And the only thing worse than that is their return policy."
"But generally AIM is some crappy stuff"
"there is a line where u dont sacrifice a "killer deal" for quality. and buyin chassis tech is jumpin clear over that line"
"Inferior parts and inferior service. They'll charge you a restocking fee if you return the stuff, so you're kinda hosed now. Whatever you do, don't install the crap."
"and yes chassis tech or any affiliate of shAIM sux."
"Yup...no big surprise. Their parts are inferior junk....good for book ends. If you browse any other trucks boards go to them and search for AIM. They have a nasty reputation. I will guarentee hundreds of stories like this and worse. Sure their prices seem good but it's pure crap."
"every truck site should have a "sticky" thread about the horror stories from aim."
"FYI: I live in Phoenix, I've been to Aim. I know people who work there. I know people who weld there. No one is certified. They pop people into a room like a sweatshop and have them weld shackles all day with crappy welders. You get what you pay for, and it shows."
"Do not under any circumstance buy Chassis Tech."
"I'm through ranting, DON'T but from AIM - PERIOD"
Here is a link to their BBB page:
http://www.data.bbb.org/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=phoenix/phoenix/showrpt.html?language=english&zid=21003248
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 45
Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 17
If you haven't ordered yet, learn from those who have!
- Mike
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for the info. this is what I've been hearing also but I just wanted for someone to back it up. thank goodness I haven't ordered anything. I'm going to piece my system together.

thanks again.

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2006 at 11:33 AM / IP Logged  
Don't buy from aim, they really suck bad. I would be amazed if you can get the parts you order with out a huge hassle. JUNK, JUNK, JUNK. donut holes in customer service also......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic