the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Switched power in rear lift gate?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sab0276 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2006 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
I want to hook up a rear camera in the key hole of the rear lift gate of my 2002 GMC Yukon.
Where can I get ignition switched power for it?
Thanks.
-Scott
2002 GMC Yukon SLT non-Bose
Pioneer AVIC N3
sab0276 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
I couldn't find any switched power in the lift gate. I ended up taping into the the switched power for the drop down and ran a remote wire from the front to the lift gate. I then used a relay and one of the main power wires from the rear wiper. Seems to work pretty good.
-Scott
2002 GMC Yukon SLT non-Bose
Pioneer AVIC N3
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
to get a true power other than using what you are just go to the steering column or by a small device that its called a add a fuse it allows you to add a fusable link to your current fuse box with out messing anythign up. than run one power wire back to the camera and ground the other wire. thats it. or go to the pink or orange wire in the steering column harness. thick wires tap a fuse off of that wire than connect that is the right way to do it. the add a fuse thing looks like a fuse with a wire and a butt connetor it is a safe way to add low voltage with a fuse and you dont have to strip or connect to any factory wires. this piece is available at autozone etc.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
elicoleman 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
I have heard of people in this forum having problems tapping into the wiper. Try running the wiper and camera together to make sure you are ok.  I would suggest running a wire to the front. If you want to install a seperate switch to turn the power on while in drive, you are going to have to run a wire to the dash anyways.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic