icon

equinox remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
biggest424 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2006 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
hi,thanks for your help ,i got the remote start hooked up in the equinox ,but i have another problem,the service soon light keeps coming on sometimes and the steering wheel gets tight and hard to drive ,nearly like its in a lock position.please tell me how to activate the lt.green keysense wire .
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
What ignition bypass did you use?  Did you power up both ignitions? What kind of remote start system?
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  

Ign Key WarnLT GREEN (-)AT BCM 24PIN GREY CONN.

Accessory Wire BROWN Is Required If This Wire And The ORANGE Wire Is Not Powered You Will Get A Pass Lock Light.

The GREEN Key Sense Wire Must See A Ground When Running.
If Not The Service Required Light Will Come On. Its The Light With The Car And Wrench On It.

As far as the Steering Problem???

Is this after you turn OFF the Remote Start?

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
biggest424 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
im using the dei 556l,i using a crimestopper informer2 cs-2016 dp-fm.the 2 accessory wires are not powered but if they are not powered how am i getting the remote start work.???where should i connect the lt.green keysense wire ???and how to power up the 2 accessory wires???
xtremej 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
Caps OFF. thank you, if you don't power the accesory wires you get the service light. It will remote start without it because its for accesory power ie heater,ac etc.. not necessary to run vehicle. Hook up a ground when running input to keysense wire. My previuos post was off on powering both ignitions should have read accesory wires, only 1 ignition on this vehicle. on the crimstopper main harness you'll use the gray 14 gauge wire for accesory, then the pink/white for 2nd accesory you'll have to switch a jumper inside the brain box to select the pink/white as 2nd accesory.
biggest424 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
hi extremej.thanks again.please explain exactly what i need to do with the keysense wire,should i connect a ground to it????please explain what to do with the wire.and concerning the 2 acc wires.should i connect the grey wire on the crimestoper plug to the orange acc wire.and connect the pink/white wire to the brown acc wire????please explain exactly which wires to connect.
xtremej 
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
Ok you got the accessory wires correct. Now the yellow black wire you used to trigger the ignition bypass needs to go to the ignition bypass ie 556l and to the keysense wire.
biggest424 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
hi,i dont understand what you mean when you say [Now the yellow black wire you used to trigger the ignition bypass needs to go to the ignition bypass ie 556l and to the keysense wire]
the yellow/black wire you are referring to is the one that is connected to the yellow passlock wire for the jeep??jjust tell me what exactly i need to do with the ltgreen keysense wire ,should i join it to another wire or what???
xtremej 
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
The yellow/black from the crimestopper unit that is a negative output during remote start, you should be using this wire to activate your ignition bypass. What I am saying is to connect this wire (yellow/black) to lt.green keysense wire and to ignition bypass(556l).

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic