amp trouble shoot

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sunnyboy368 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I have an MONO BLOCK AMP VIBE VP3 made by LANZER. it is stable at 4, 2 and 1 ohm. promising 400RMS, 800RMS and 1200RMS respectively.  I hooked it up in to another system in my other car and it worked OK. not as much power as i was hoping for  but that was connected to a Single |Voice Coil 4ohm speaker.

Now i have connected it up to another system this time the sound coming out of the bass is really really low and can not match the JBL amp powering the mids and 6x9.

Is there somthign wrong with the amp or shoud i look at the connections on the subwoofer. If it is ai am not sure how to coneccte dup to the subwoofer in parallel so that i get 2ohm impedance. there are two red and two black connection terminals on the woofer.

Any advise please.

Sunnyboy

EZ
Sunnyboy368
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
if it worked before i would say check all connections and levels. also check speaker take the speaker wires off the terminals of the amp and pop the speaker by using a 12 volt battery connect the negative to a drill battery than just press and release the possitve to the battery it should pop so that you hear it. and you should see the speaker move out when you press the possitive wire to battery. ps
this will not damage sub, or you will not get any type of shock.
ps if you dont get a possitive responce to that test on the speaker check speaker leads and a possibility speaker is no good.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
djray_89 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
to wire your dvc subs in parallel to acheive a 2 ohm load,first, bridge the positive terminals on your sub together. then, do the same for the negative terminals. lastly, connect any one set of the terminals to your amp.you should have a 2 ohm load.
sunnyboy368 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
thanks
EZ
Sunnyboy368
sunnyboy368 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  

Guys you maybe interested to know that in the end it was the Bass REMOTE LEVEL CONTROL which was set to a low setting. Since the amp was not supplied with the remote it did not occur to me that maybe it would not be set at the highest level. I am getting a remote sent to be by my supplier and will adjust the REMOTE level.

cheers guys fro you help in the first instance

EZ
Sunnyboy368

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic