icon

06 f-150 factory sub turn-on?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
philaf 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  

has anyone here managed to fire up the factory sub amp in one of these with an aftermarket deck? just installed a panasonic double-din in one yesterday and am having issues with getting that sub working.. hoping that someone here has done one and can share some insight

thanks in advance.

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  

I forget what color the wire is, but if you test the wires in the smaller plug,  it'll read about 5 volts with the radio on.  Just take a 2.2k resistor and put it on the remote lead.  Make sure you use the sub out of the radio for the audio signal since there is no crossover on the factory sub amp.

EDIT:  Forgot to mention there's also an amp ground that will have to be grounded as well.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
philaf 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2006 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  

so i'm going to guess that the power, ground, turn-on, and input wires were all on the same plug behind the radio? or did you have to go back to the amp for any of it? if so, where was the amp?.. i'm guessing it's in the back near the sub, but not sure cuz the guy was too impatient to let me tear her apart looking.

sidenote.. i love it when people want me to figure out how to make their stuff work, and are not willing to give me the time needed to do it.

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2006 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
The wires were in a small plug, plugged into the back of the stock radio.  Yeah the amp is back by the sub, but like I said you don't have to worry about going all the way back to the amp for anything.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2006 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

Ive seen that too...forget the wire colors though...but you can cut the wires and splice them into RCA's ( we used the one off a DCGM09 data harness) and hooked them to the sub out on a sony deck....I'll print the tip off tomorrow and post back if you havent got it by then.

sS

rtfm
philaf 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2006 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

alright, did some probing around today and managed to get it all figured out.. figured i'll post it here just in case anyone needs it.

sub amp plug is the smaller grey plug that comes up on same side of radio cavity as the stereo's main harness.. wire colors are as follows..

green w/ purple stripe - remote turn on lead. unit is activated by ~5v, so use a 2.2k ohm resistor on your turn on lead from deck

brown w/ orange stripe - negative input

red w/ black stripe - positive input

bare wire wrapped in tape - ground

for the input, easiest thing to do is to cut the end off an rca cable and wire it to the input wires. then plug the rca into the sub output of your deck (the amp itself has no crossover in it)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic