icon

457gw on trailblazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ushank 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2006 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
I have an 04 traiblrazerwith a micro remote start and a dei 457gw and I first posted that the rear hatch would not lock with the 457, but know it seems that the unit is allowing you to lock and unlock the doors and not allowing the truck to start.  I tried all the different tests that I could think of to find out that I think it is a bad module.  When you try to remote start the vehicle you can hear and see (using a multi-meter) that the remote start brain and relays are working fine.  After the vehicle doesn't start after the unit has made three attemps, and it switches it self  off the 457gw module's light comes on as if it needs to be programmed again.  After reprogramming and trying every thing again, the door locks work, but once trying the remote start the odule repeats the same thing.  The light comes back on and nothing works.  Can someom=ne help me with this.  I have installed may remote starts, but this one doesn't won't to work. 
enihcamxes4you 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  

how do you have the pk3 hooked up?    you dont have it hooked up through the pink wires do you?  your just using the purple data wire? now you say it doesn't start. what exactly happens after you press the start button on the remote? 

Lenny Jenkins
MECP First Class Installer
6 years
ushank 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

After the remote start is activated the relays send the right amount of power, but it doesn't start.  (it did for a while and now for some reason it doesn't).  After he remote start unit tries three times it shuts itself down and the red light comes on again on hte 457gw as if it needs to be reprogrammed (the door locks work when first programmed ,but after this no more anything until 457gw is reprogrammed).

This is a customers vehicle so there is know telling what they hove tried before bringing it back, but everyting was in the same place when I got it back. (It worked fine for about a month)

enihcamxes4you 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like a bad 457gw, id replace that and see what happens... i have seen that happen in the past. Are you able to just swap it out? or is it a big deal like taking it to store and what have ya. directed should warranty those parts for life if im not mistaking. also just double check your ground for the whole system. you never know if someone went in there and messed wth wiring. when people take their cars youd be amazed at some of the stuff ive encountered which sucks and makes our jobs harder. 
Lenny Jenkins
MECP First Class Installer
6 years
ushank 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info.  I will try it and see what happens. I thought that was a bad unit, but I wanted to ask to get a second opinion. 
ushank 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2006 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

I put a new module in and it fixed everything even the rear hatch started working right.I used peripheral.  Their module seems to work a whole lot better than the 457 I used at first. check them out at www.peripheralelectronics.com.  They have any kind of module you should ever need.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic