icon

clifford alarm remote start help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TranceTypeR 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2003 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

i'm in the midst of installing my clifford solaris into my 96 integra gsr but i cant find the ebrake wire.. i took the console off.. wire is GREEN/ red..  but it throws a neg when disengaged and stays neg when engaged..   i was gonna hook it up to the relay but according to the clifford manual its supposed to throw a positve when engaged..   what if i just supply constant postive? wouldnt that sorta defeat the purpose of the safety switch.. 

2nd question.. i unplugged the switch from the clutch..  and the relay diagrams i have from clifford show that i hook up a wire to ignition, starter, 12V and another wire off the alarm.. the ignition and the starter wires.. do they have to be from the switch cause its hard to get up there.. or can i just tap into the ignition and starter.. i'm assuming i tap into the actual harness side and not the key side..  would this work.. thanks guys

my car aint going no where till this gets done

go2pac 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2003 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  

You must not have had the ignition on when you tested the ebrake. The wire gets grounded only when the brake is engaged. Wire it up just like the diagram shows. If the ebrake is not engaged then when the ignition turns on it will send +12 volts to the blue/wht wire to prevent the vehicle from being started.

The blue/org wire can be tapped into the clutch relay, so you don't need to even touch the clutch switch. The diagram they show on page 6 is for vehicles without a clutch relay.

The alarm is designed so that you have to cut the starter and ignition wires in half and not tap into them. You don't have to go directly at the switch, you can get it near the kick panel, but it will be easier to bypass.

Karl
Pacific Accessory Corporation
Mobile Audio Interfacing Equipment
Connecting You to Your Music Since 1976
TranceTypeR 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2003 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  

i had the ignition on.. however i think since the ignition wires are already cut that could be why it was giving the incorrect signal.. i ll double check on that.. according to the manual.. for 5 spds.. it ll go to positive when the ebrake is engaged?  for automatics they just want the brake not ebrake but for my car they want both..  for the clutch relay.. i have the ebrake hooked up .. assuming that my cut ignition is giving me neg.. i have the blue/org hooked up as wel.. and then the other 2 wires..   one goes to the starter and other goes to ignition.. i m supposed to tap in them but where.. since the wires are cut.. so i assume you re saying above the kick panel. where the parking lights and all that stuff is.. what can i use to tap into the ignition and start wires.. the taps that i havce.. they're made for like 16 guage wires or something.. i used them for parking, brakes, etc.. but its too small for the starter/ignition

the other relay. the brake(blue/white i think) goes to the brake AND the Relay with the 3 amp diode? just double checking cause thats what it looked like from the instructions?

so do i just leave the switch on the clutch unplugged? is that safe? tape it off? 

thanks

Ranesh

go2pac 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2003 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  

Yes since the ignition is cut the ebrake wire will show negative when engaged and not engaged because the light bulb on the ignition side is getting a ground from other sources and is passing through it to the ebrake side which you will meter as ground. (I just looked at clifford's install manual, it says to look for the ebrake wire that shows +12 volts when engaged. Honda/Acuras are negative)

The clutch switch should be left as factory. You need to find the side that shows ground when the clutch is pressed. That is the wire that you will tap the blue/org wire to. Now if its shows ground only when the clutch is not pressed then you will need the relay setup as clifford shows but i thinks its like the first way i mentioned. So basically looking for the ignition and starter wire for the optional relay on page 6 is not needed.

You do need the relay on page 4 that connects to the foot brake wire

Karl
TranceTypeR 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2003 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  

1) ok i have a few plms.. the lock wires on the brain UNLOCK the doors and the unlock wires lock.. i thought i hooked it up wrong.. checked the wiring its correct.. i went into the installer programmer mode and it was postive trigger.. i set it to negative and still the same thing so i dont know whats going on there.

2) remote start wont work! arg. i decided to go ahead and use the 2 relays since i had already wired it up.  This is what happens.. i "park car"(neutral), set the ebrake.. press the safestart button.. parking lights flash once and then flashes again but stays lit. so basically flashes 2 but stays on the second time.. i turn off the car, and the engine shuts down. i close doors, arm.. and then i press the button to start.. parking light flashes once.. not twice nor does it stay lit like its supposed to when its initiating the remote start sequence....the installation manual doesnt describe what can cause this.. 

3) hood trigger doesnt set off alarm when its armed..  this could be related to the remote start but is there a way i can bypass this hood trigger.. like constant ground or power..

4) how do i hook up the relay on page 4 for the brake wire.. it shows that i connect with a 3 amp diode  the ?blue/white?(dont have the manual in front of me but the brake wire) wire to the brain.... however.. do i also connect this to the brake wire on the car? so i have 2 connections going to the brake wire on brain.

i didn't chck to see if the clutch threw a negative or not.. i know one of the wires threw a constant neg and the other  was 0..  i didnt check w/ the clutch in.. i figured the relay would do the trick.. 

any way.. help guys!! 

TIA

Ranesh

Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2003 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds like your wires for your lock and unlock are backwards switch them. As far as hood pin you should be able to ground it to bypass this.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
go2pac 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2003 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

1. Sound like the wires are backwards

2. The engine should not shut down when you take the key out. The alarm must be seeing the hood trigger, foot brake or bad tach wire. You may also need to program for manual transmission.

3. This may be the cause why the remote start does not work

4. yes the blue/wht connects to the brake wire and so does the diode.

Karl
TranceTypeR 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2003 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  

yeah i have to make sure its set to negative trigger in the brain..

2) do u think it could be the clutch bypass relay? i think u said to not use a relay right?? and just tap the blue/orange to the clutch if its neg... 

3) i think ima just ground the hood trigger

4) just like i haveit hooked up. . thanks

go2pac 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2003 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
you need to leave the hood pin input ungrounded
Karl
TranceTypeR 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2003 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  

okay..  so if i leave it ungrounded.. will it still work? cause for some reason.. my hoodswitch is not working.. i can push it up/down and alarm will not go off.. how can i test the voltage of the hood pin..

do i need the clutch relay?

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic