icon

viper 791xv remote start setting sensors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
i know that i have posted about this problem in the past and i apologize for the reposting (it was at least 6 months ago). if the mods feel the need go ahead and delete this.
i have the viper 791xv remote start alarm installed on my 97 honda accord. stupidly, i did not install the alarm myself. lately it has been getting ridiculously hot here (upper 90's, low 100's) i am finding that i am taking advantage of the remote start more and more. my problem is that whenever i start the car it always sets off the shock sensors. this has been a continuous problem ever since i've had the alarm installed. i took it back to the shop that installed it and they were able to fix it. then after about 6 months my brain died and they replaced it under warranty. ever since then the remote start has acted this way. i would start it, wait about 10 seconds and the alarm would go off. the transmitter would receive a signal saying the shock sensor is going off. i took it back to the shop about 5 times asking them to fix it. the first few times the guys that worked there said that there was nothing they could do and that i would have to leave the car unlocked and unarmed to avoid this. i thought that this reason totally contradicts the idea of an alarm. finally i asked them if they could turn down the shock sensitivity. they did, and unfortunately they had to turn it down so low that it barely registers anything. i don't want it set to where it will go off when a fart can will go by but i would like it to register some bumps or something.
basically i'm wondering if there is anything i can do to help resolve this problem or do i just need to take it back to the shop and have them mess with it more? do you think it will matter that i haven't been in there in about 5 months? i didn't keep on hounding them to fix it because the weather was nice and i felt no need for the remote start. it's getting to the point where i am about to take it out, even though i payed for it. seems like it is causing more problems than solutions. thanks for any help.
hightek
alpine cda-9827
12" Brahma
Eclipse DA6213
and still working on it
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2006 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
first off all you shock sensor could be bad. second the shock sensor is supposed to be disabled internally when remote start is active. so unless those guys hooked up something wrong something funny is happening. disconnect shock sensor and try to remote start the car. to disconnect shock sensor find the shock sensor it should be clear plastic. and if you tap it a little red light will come on. car off on it does not matter.
pull the 4 wire harness out of the shock sensor and lock wait a few mins than start car. see what happens. if alarm goes off than the problem is something else. post back or email me and i will try to help you further.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
Its possible the ignition wire off the alarm brain is hooked up to an acces wire thats not being powered up by the remote starter. if thats the case the alarm wont know that the vehicle is RS and hence wouldnt disable the shock sensor, but when you turn the key on the car would send voltage down the wire and cause the standard code reset to happen which might make it slide past some installers. I would go back to the shop and tell them to check the yellow wire comming off the 791 brain and verify its locatation
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic