icon

Equalizer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uicc 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 1995 mercury sable and I want to boost my highs and mids. I have a alpine 9847 cd player with three outputs 5/14 front speaker 6x8 in the rear and two 12 kicker comp with a profile amp. how  would I connect a clarion Eqs746 equalizer to my orginal cdplayer. Would the equalizer make a big diffences?
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
Nope, throw the EQ in the garbage bin. Want to boost something, add an amp first as it will bring the speakers to life. Add an eq to solve an identified problem. Why spend money on a eq as a band aid when you can buy better sounding speakers instead?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
uicc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  

I'm going to buy a 4ch amp should i add a eq after that?

uicc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

I want precise tone shaping

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  

Then instead of buying another item to go into the signal chain (and add the possibility of noise and extra wire), consider a better cd player that will allow you to do this. My recommendation is the Eclipse CD5000 and add the calibrated pink noise microphone and memory stick. Blast the pink noise through the system using the built in tone generator, snap a digital tonal response picture onto the stick, upload into your computer and manipulate away to your hearts content. No offence to your cd player, the Eclipse, out of the box, will give you a big big big difference in tonal response without touching a thing.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2006 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
hooray eclipse!!! The cd8445 and cd8455 models will also do that with the mic. I personally have the 8445 and i love it. That little mic is amazing.
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic