icon

Remote Start--Mitsubishi Diamante

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GMC4x4Guy 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2003 at 4:47 AM / IP Logged  

OK, I'm an amateur installer, I'am up to my 23rd install and I have never done a remote start before. Of course I am going to start on my own car for obvious reasons. It is a 2001 Mitsubishi Diamante and it has a key with a chip in it. What do I do for this. I'm sure I need to buy a bypass unit but which one and I would like it if I didn't have to give up my only spare key (those suckers are EXPENSIVE). Thanks for the help!

Jeff

"Drive it like you stole it"
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2003 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
Well here we go again. The dilemma of only having one programmed key. Where I am at, Mitsubishi charges $40 per key and a one time programming fee of $35, so in your case, If you want to maintain the integrity of your factory anti-theft device, you would need to either pay $75 for one key to be made, and buy a "No key required" bypass module from bypasskits.com (just recently released, but no pricing yet) OR You need to spend $115 for two keys, and buy a universal bypass kit which requires the use of one of the keys. I suggest two keys, so that you dont have to pay for the $35 again if you lose another key.
Now if you do not want to buy extra keys AND you do not want to maintain the integrity of your system you could use a universal bypass module and set it up so that it is always on which would be a permanent bypass, or you could use a ground out when running trigger from your remote starter to trigger it for remote start, and a hidden switch to activate it when you forget your transmitter or just happen to want to drive your car without remote starting it first.
You could also do this bypass with just a relay and some wire, but the universal bypass kits are pretty easy to install and I would think they would be more reliable.
There are more options too. these are some basic ones.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic