icon

Automate AM9

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rdlybeck 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  

Hi, I am going to be putting a used Automate AM9 into a friends Pontiac.  I have to install a bypass and I noticed that the system does not seem to have the (H2) wire harness.  This should have the wires I need per the manual for the bypass.  It is a 6-pin harness per the manual.  Does anybody know where I  can find the harness?   Or is there a way to make one to work?  All the other wires seem to be here, whoever removed it from her old car just snipped the wires.  If I have to get all new wires I will do that. 

Thanks,Ryan

Ryan Lybeck
"Wiring diagrams are nice but still double check with DMM"!
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
you many not need that harness, unlees you need to disarm the factory alarm,or for extra channels you may need. fo the bypass that is nto on the H2 harness.
make modle of car you puttign it in.
rdlybeck 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

Going into a 2001 Pontiac Grand am with the Passlock 2 she says.  What wire do I use to connect the bypass?

Ryan Lybeck
rdlybeck 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

By the way, I have a Bulldog 791 universal bypass.  I am looking for the wire that I connect the (white) wire from bypass to. Need help with  step #6 and 7 for Automate AM9

791 Instructions.

1. Locate the wire harness coming from the ignition switch. Inside, find three (3) small gauge wires, a REDWITH WHITE STRIPE wire, an ORANGE WITH BLACK STRIPE wire, and a YELLOW wire on trucks, vans and SUVs. Oncars find a BLACK wire, a YELLOW wire and a WHITE wire. Cut the YELLOW wire in two.

2. Attach the GREEN wire to the key switch side of the cut YELLOW wire. See Making Connections, figure 3 below.

3. Attach the YELLOW wire to the remaining end of the cut YELLOW wire.

4. Attach the RED wire to a constant +12V wire fused at 3 amps.

5. Connect the ORANGE to ground.

6. Connect the BLUE wire to the smaller of the two (2) WHITE wires on the remote starter.

7. Attach the WHITE wire to larger of the two (2) WHITE wires on the remote starter.

8. The PURPLE and YELLOW WITH BLACK STIPE wires are not used. Tape these wires up and do not use.

Ryan Lybeck
rdlybeck 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2006 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

Does anyone know what wire to connect a Bulldog 791 bypass to the Auto Mate AM9 remote start system?

Need help please..

Ryan Lybeck
bluest4 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2006 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

1. In that car there will be three wires (1.red or RED / white 2. black or ORANGE / black 3.yellow) those lead to pass lock system

2. Find the yellow wire and cut it.

3. Attach the GREEN wire to the key switch side of the cut YELLOW wire.

4. Attach the YELLOW wire to the remaining end of the cut YELLOW wire.

5. Attach the RED wire to a constant +12V wire fused at 3 amps.

6. Connect the ORANGE to ground.

7. As for the Blue wire connect that to the blue or blue/white ur choice off of the remote start.

8. As for the White wire connect that to a ignition wire at the switch becuase it needs to see ignition.

8. The PURPLE and YELLOW WITH BLACK STIPE wires are not used. Tape these wires up and do not use.

I hope this helps.

steve

rdlybeck 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged  
Steve you didn't answer my question,  you posted the exact same instructions I posted before you....  I need to know what wires on the AM9 to connect with the 791. 
Ryan Lybeck
bluest4 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

1. In that car there will be three wires (1.red or RED / white 2. black or ORANGE / black 3.yellow) those lead to pass lock system

2. Find the yellow wire and cut it.

3. Attach the GREEN wire to the key switch side of the cut YELLOW wire.

4. Attach the YELLOW wire to the remaining end of the cut YELLOW wire.

5. Attach the RED wire to a constant +12V wire fused at 3 amps.

6. Connect the ORANGE to ground.

7. As for the Blue wire connect that to the blue or blue/white ur choice off of the remote start.

8. As for the White wire connect that to a ignition wire at the switch becuase it needs to see ignition.

9. The PURPLE and YELLOW WITH BLACK STIPE wires are not used. Tape these wires up and do not use.

I hope this helps.

steve

rdlybeck 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I have those instructions, see my post.  What I am saying is that for the system I am using there is not the wire described in Step 7.  The (blue or blue/white)  I want to know what wire that would be on the system I have.  The automate am9.  I seem to be missing the H2 harness.  I want to know what wire I can connect the bypass to the remote start system.  The vehicle does not matter in this question.  If I need the H2 harness (which has second unlock and factory dissarm and rearm) where can I order just that harness????
Ryan Lybeck
bluest4 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry maybe this is not clear enough for u

The first 6 steps do as they are printed above. The 7th step you take the blue wire from the bulldog and hook that up to the blue wire or blue/white wire (your choice) from the Automate.  The 8th Step you take the white wire from the bulldog and hook that up to ignition(Best place is to get is at the ignition switch, should be a pink or dk. green wire). The 9th Step is the same as above.

Steve

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic