icon

Cleaning up a remote start/alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
surendrant 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  
I have one simple question for all the pros on this forum. Can you guyz offer any tips on making a remote starter/alarm install look like factory? No matter how hard i try it ends up looking like a jumble of wires.
pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
First i find a mounting spot for the brain that is up and out of the way, then i make 2 or 3 tails of wire, all the wires that go to the kick, then to the ing, then to the hood. then i take each wire to lenght and cut it, solder tape, then loom. that is how i do it. just mae sure your routing your wire where it is not in the way of anything.
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like you aren't planning out the installs good enough. The failsafe way to a clean install is to find EVERY wire you need before you do ANYTHING. Then when you prep your module you can tape a few runs of wire rather than run each wire individually. Once prepped get in the car and mount the module loosely in it's final spot. Then run the wires to their locations, tap in, done.. I can remember one of my first alarm installs way back. Didn't need any wire ties for the module as it was suspended by the "web" of wires I created.
Mike
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2006 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
lol mine was a mess to..
it had security in that no theif or pro for that matter would be able to figure it out.. only i knew what was what
LOL
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
surendrant 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
thnks a lot guys i'll try doing that
jambostl 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
i usually do as much prewire as i can on my workbench. bring all grounds/12v together so you only have 1 wire. also twist anywires that are going to the same place together...and lots of electrical tape. i completely tape all harnesses then zip tie to all the facotry wires. you usually can't even tell that i put a system in, well and least most cars.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
I think the main hint I can give you is to follow factory harnesses as much as possible. If you follow harnesses and use lots of zip ties your work is gonna improve
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic