529T Window module problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ishinc 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
hey everyone,
I just installed 2 529T so that my 4 windows will roll up when the car is armed. Everything is working fine, but one problem. When i'm driving, and hit the LOCK door button, my windows roll up too. Its like when I hit the Lock button it signals the window module to roll up the windows. I can see why that is happening. Would a diode placed inline of the trigger wire off the alarm fix my problem?
I also want to place a on off switch so i can turn off the modules if I don't want my windows to go up when arming. Do you guys think its best to place a switch on the 12V constant power wire? For some reason I have a feeling that everytime I flip the switch ON my windows will close. Not a big problem I guess.
This went into my 2000 Toyota 4runner.
Thanks!
bluest4 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  

may I ask where u went to get to the window wires?

Steve

Ishinc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
I went straight to the window motors because I have the auto down and auto up features.
bluest4 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
bluest4 wrote:

may I ask where u went to get to the window wires?

Steve

Nevermind this does matter.  What does matter is what u did with (-) auxiliary input wire.  I believe it is RED / white.  I have a feeling u hooked it up to door locks some where and since ur car has negitive door lock it triggers ur windows to go up.  As for a switch u could put one one the (-) ground when armed wire (orange I think) to disconect this wire. And when u flip it back on the windows should stay where at.

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
what alarm do you have. if you just want the arm window up feature you should connect it to the negative wire suppling the starter kill. and double diode so that the windows will only go up when you press arm, if you want to add a switch add it to the trigger wire as it is low voltage. the power and ground wire are high voltage to control windows so the switch will more than likely burn out. another way to connet is to a factory arm wire. available onl most newer alarms. the two setups will not be affected by the door lock wires.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
Ishinc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  
I might have hooked up the input wire to the door locks. Where should this wire be for it to operate correctly?
Ishinc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
djfearny - which wire are should i connect to the neg starter kill? also what is a double diode and how do you hook that up?
Can you please explain it alittle more? I think it might help me out!
THanks!
bluest4 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  

what alarm do u have???

Ishinc 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
My alarm is factory installed "Chapman upgrade" from toyota. I tryed looking for the model number but the is nothing on the brain. This probably isn't much help...
thym8scallmet 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

I am having the same problem, but I know why I do.  I wired the window module into door lock thinking that it would be ok because the doors lock when I arm the alarm.  Problem is that my car has an auto lock so when I put the car in gear, it triggures the window modules when the doors automatically Lock.  What im probably going to have to do is wire it into the starter kill or I was wondering if i could wire it into the factory alarm bypass.  Any ideas?

Thanks   
T
Drive it like you rented it!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic