Diode type?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mmh1 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I'm trying to add a Dome light supervision to my system that hasn't got a dome light output.
My alarms neg. door sensor trigger input has been attached at the dome light neg. supplied by the door pins switches when the door is open.
I have attached a neg. output from a DEI 528T pulse timer to supply a neg. output to the dome light to illuminate it for 20sec when the system is disarmed.
The problem is that if the alarm is disarmed and then quickly rearmed before the dome light delay has elapsed the system chirps to indicate a door is open and the alarm does not set.
I was thinking of attaching the DEI 528T neg. output after the neg. input for the alarm from the door pins and putting a diode in between to get this:
Door open = neg. to domelight and alarm door trigger input
Alarm disarmed = neg. to domelight no flow to trigger input
Just wondering if this will work and what type of diode I would need for this.
Many thanks,
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
ok so you have the setup well except for the dome light issue. ok as far as connecting do this take the domelight wire and cut it. take the wire going to dome light for supervision and twist together with factory dome light wire (dome light side of cut wire)
take the car side of domelight cut wire and twist the trigger wire from alarm. now place a 1 amp diode in between with strip going facing away from from the wire running to the domelight now what will happen is when the door is open it will supply negative to the wire and still light up domelight, however if done right when you use the 528t relay to supply negative to domelight wire being that the feed will be after the diode the alarm and door triggers will never see it active.
a normal 1 amp diode will work for you sold in packs of two at radio shack. if you want a diagram i can draw one up fast for you.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
mmh1 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
djfearny2 wrote:
ok so you have the setup well except for the dome light issue. ok as far as connecting do this take the domelight wire and cut it. take the wire going to dome light for supervision and twist together with factory dome light wire (dome light side of cut wire)
take the car side of domelight cut wire and twist the trigger wire from alarm. now place a 1 amp diode in between with strip going facing away from from the wire running to the domelight now what will happen is when the door is open it will supply negative to the wire and still light up domelight, however if done right when you use the 528t relay to supply negative to domelight wire being that the feed will be after the diode the alarm and door triggers will never see it active.
a normal 1 amp diode will work for you sold in packs of two at radio shack. if you want a diagram i can draw one up fast for you.
Hi Jon,
Thanks for the quick reply. If you could draw a diagram that would be great so I can save for future reference. I think I know what you mean anyway.
I've bought some 1N4001 1A 50V silicon rectifier diodes would these be OK?
Thanks,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic