icon

Problem with Tahoe 2002 and Viper 791X

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sador 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2006 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, I nedd some help, I already did a research for all this but still stock in the same thing.I already has everything working on this truck except for the R/S the tuck try to crank but won't start, Does every body know what am I doing wrong or what I missing?
I have the Pink=Ign 1,White Ign 2, Orange Acc,and the 2 Red wire for power plus white=brake,Neutral wire to ground,Tach to white on ECU pin #10.Also I'm using 555L passlock kit for this.Please any Help I really,realy I'd apreciate.
          Thank a lot!!
enihcamxes4you 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
did you learn the tach? start the vehicle with the key and hold in the valet button until l.e.d. goes out.    sounds like tach isnt learned..     unless it starts and dies within seconds  then its most likely an issue with the 555L    lemme know im willing to help ya
Lenny Jenkins
MECP First Class Installer
6 years
sador 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
I did the learn the tach, turn on the truck and after 5 second hold the valet switch and then you see the light stay on until I release the switch and the lights blink one time,about the 555L I use the red=red,pink=pink,yellow=yellow (key side),BLACK / YELLOW=yellow (BCM side).When the turck try to crack I didn't see the security light come on just the battery icon.,So that's mean the 555L is working?.
Do I have to power the brown wire?.
Thanks Lenny
jambostl 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  
most likey a tach problem, start the truck and immedetly push and hold your valet switcha and see if your LED lights up and stays on. if it does your tach is programed. other then that check the wiring on you 555L you may have a wire backwords. or on the purple and green starter wires off of the 791 make sure you have green going to key side. this will also cause the car not to start with the r. start.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
Or, just temporarily program the unit for voltage sense. If that makes it work, you know you got the wrong tach wire......... if it still won't work on voltage sense, tach isn't the problem.
I usually get tach behind the instrument cluster----it's only 4 screws, there's plenty of room to work, and it's the ONLY white wire that's there.
No, you don't have to power the brown wire.
The only thing you didn't mention is where the 555L's ground wire is connected. It should be connected to the Tahoe's ORANGE / black Passlock ground wire, although if it's connected to straight chassis ground, it'll work for a little while.
sador 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2006 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
I used ORANGE / black now my main problem is try to start I don't know what else to do? any idea, I said this because I tried other alarm and this one said "Start"but you can hear that car is cranking but won't hold on. Is the same thing with the Viper.I'm really mad because I never had this problem with any other car.
                      Thank
ushank 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
It is possible to have a module 555L I have ran into a bad one. Try a new  one just to be on the safe side.
sador 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
thank for everything my problem was a bad 555L, Man the than thing make me crazy but finally I got it, Thanks for all the input.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic