icon

Scynet 5000RS-2W-1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
87zc1crx 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 5:08 AM / IP Logged  

First cheers everybody as itīs my first post here!

Great forum and i have learned a lot since i discovered it. I have just recently bought a new scynet unit that seems to be flamed a lot here :) .  Iīm still on the process of finishing the install but so far the unit preforms very well and as exepected. I had no problem regarding finding information, even their website has all the manuals and software to download. This brings up 2 questions i have:

- i see that the alarm has a port to plug to pc so that i can use the software to program the alarm; has anyone ever used this? Is this a TTL to RS232 cable? If so anyone know the pinouts? Would be great to have this working!

- the remote start is kiling my head! Has anyone ever installed in on a Honda CRX of 89? At least can anyone explain me howīs the remote start supose to work? I see the control unit has a ignition + input and an ingnition + output (relayed) and also a starter output. Can someone give me some hints on this?

Thanks all! 

Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
I'm sure you mean scytek 5000rs
i have the scytek wizard software not as good as clifford.
the cable has a dongle aswell so i think you might need to buy the cable its about $25
the manual explains what each wire does what exactly has you confused..
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
87zc1crx 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 7:41 AM / IP Logged  
Scynet 5000RS-2W-1 -- posted image.
Yes i wanted to type scytek 5000rs... mistake
Well, one question; ignition imput at alarm central is comming from where? A tapped wire where?
I ask this because if i try to remote start i hear it clicking relays but nothing happens. I still need to wire the ignition imput and armed output.
Also iīve seen that remote start output seems to control a relay. Where is this going? Iīm a bit confused about the alarm controlling ign and starter...
HELP!
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
ignition input can be gotten at ignition harness or fusebox.
the starter output is for bypass modules its a ground when started wire
Darren Power
87zc1crx 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  

Well after a long night and lots of vodka i realised why itīs not working the remote start and door closing with ign on.

Turns out that manual cars have to have the parking brake, door and ign imput conected to work properly...
Now itīs working fine!
I donīt know why there are so many problems for lots of people that i see complaining about this alarm on the internet. I went to their website, downloaded the manual and software even for ppc and after 3 days working 2h/day i got it all working and iīm very pleased with the product. I never touched an alarm before.

What i learned is that itīs quite easy to install such a system in my crx but newer cars must be harder unless you have all schematics by hand.

Now iīm going to try to find a way to use some of the aux outputs, maybe roof top, maybe truck release...

Thanks!

Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
i've found them reliable systems
Darren Power
87zc1crx 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  

So far it works very nice and even 2 of my friends are going to buy it too.

The pager works as itīs said and range is very good; i live on the 4th floor and the garage is at -1 and no problem at all getting status or alarms. The led itīs blue, wich i wasnīt expecting but now iīm getting to like it. Only thing i find bad is that the unitīs manual isnīt 100% according to the unit itself. I have a 5000rs-2w-1 unit and itīs manual on the web is outdated or something; schematics isnīt 100% right and also misses some issues.

They have a software called scytek companion that has a veichle wiring database that was pretty helpful to me and the software with they program the unit itself. This is what i really would like to look into. I suspect (wihtout having opened the main unit) that it must be a regular ttl-rs232 converter.

when my firends get their units iīll open them and take a look.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic