icon

2 10's and 2 12's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigfoot286 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
i was going to do a 4 10,s in my car. i have a 98 honda accord 4 door. but today iwas listining to the 2 10s i have and got disapointed in the lack of low bass. so to my point what would i have to do to run 2 12's and 2 10's. could i do it off the same amp and just put a passive eg on each one or should i do 2 amps. im not sure what subs i am using. ether infinity refrence seres or rockford p1s or mabey p2's. any ideas will help. o and for amps ether infinitys or alpines. i am kinda restricted to bestbuy stuff cause i get my discount and dont like to pay full price for anything.
luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
Just go with two 12's and forget about the 10's. Mixing different sizes of subs is not a good idea.
bigfoot286 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
i really want to do 4 i was thinking 4 12's, and i am not sure why i want to just do. thought it would be cool
luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  
Just do a couple 15's if you want something different. Most people just have 10's or 12's.
A box for four 12's is going to be ginormous.
bigfoot286 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
ya but i got it figured out. the 10's are easier but the 12's i can do. and i dont want 15's to deep i like the 10s cause most of what i listen to is suted to 10s, lots of rock, but i want a little more deep bass. just not 15's
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2006 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
it all depends how you build the box. You can definitely build a box fo some 10s that could drop.
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
I say go for it. I've always turned people away from mixing subs that will play the same frequencies, but if you want to experiment (i will not be responsible for lost time, money, and materials)why not?
By the way I listen to plenty of rock and I run 15's, it's all about the enclosure.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
Change the box, good bass response is all about the box.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
bigfoot286 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2006 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
ok what type of box should i build. and i was going to use a crossover on them and cut them of so the 10's played high bas and the 12's playe dhte low bass
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 10:28 AM / IP Logged  
Im assuming you want to put the box in your trunk. Build a ported box if you want a good everyday type of box. If you want a box to be super loud at 1 frequency, build a bandpaass box. If you want to get crazy, build a 8th order bandpass box (not for the typical noob lol). Personally I think your best option would be to build a simple rectalngle box for the 2 10's with a shared chamber and one slot port with the subs and port facing the rear of the trunk. Make sure you invest in enough sound dampening material to solidify your trunk for optimum sound and less rattling. You may think you can get by without it but I garantee you will regret not doing it. You also need to make sure there is some way for the bass to enter the cabin of the vehicle. The easiest way is to take out the worthless rear speakers in the rear deck of your car and leave the grilles on so it acts as a "port" so to speak. If you dont have speakers thereIm not honestly sure what you can do. Maybe someone else here will have a better idea.
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic