icon

Mirror Lamps Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nawlinjoe 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

I hope this is the right forum to post this question because i have been unable to figue this out. I have a 2006 Silverado Truck and would like to connect my Mirror Lamps ( Puddle Lights) into my Dome lights circuit so that they come on and off with the dome lights. I would like to know how to wire a relay and where is the courtsey lamp circuit ground located. Gm has changed the 2003-2006 trucks so that the lights are controled by the BCM through the DDM/FPDM. If have found the diagram for the lights but, don't know how to make this work. See Diagram below.

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a382/nawlinjoe/audio/index.gif

Thanks in adance

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 16, 2006 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
well i have not been in a 2006 yet however if you go to the actual light inside the car you can grab a possitive there that will allow you to get the lights to work. however the downfall of that maybe. if you turn your interior lights on at night the lights for mirrors will come on as well. unless there is different wires up there for it.
see if you can get a negative up at the light for when the doors are open and nothing or slight pos when doors are closed. if you can get a door trigger than its as easy as taking negative to possitive.
with a relay
setup:
pin 85 trigger input
pin 86and 87 pos 12 volts fused
pin 30 output to mirrors
pin 87a not used
double diode that negative wire from dome light door trigger if you find one at the light. this is to prevent any feedback that might occur;
you can also try to get door triggers in the door to make the light illuminate when opening doors if this helps cool if not sorry.
this is the easiest way without messing with the actual module.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
nawlinjoe 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 18, 2006 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply djfearny2. GM changed the wiring in their truck in 2003, so the wiring is the same for 2003-2006 model year trucks. Do you happend to know where's the courtsey light circuit located so i can tap into it to trigger the puddle lights.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic