icon

two 10w7's or two 12w6v2's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mpt408 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
I finally have enough money saved up to buy subs for my car (civic hatchback) and I was wondering which subs I should get? Two 10w7's or two 12w6v2's? The cost doesn't matter I saved up enough for either subs, a box, amps capacitors etc. But I just can't figure out which model would be better? Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

hmmmm.....tough one. I was in the same spot you are in. I chose to go with 3 12w6v2 vs 4 10w7. Mine was based on the fact that i just dont like 10s at all. And even though those arent normal tens. i just couldnt talk myself into it. but if you power them with the jl1000/1 as recommended you should probably get the same amount of output out of either setup. and being the size of the vehicle i would think that the 10w7 would actually work better just because of the vehicle but ehhh either way great stuff.

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
church_of_bass 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
I would go with the w6's.  The w7s have more output, but if u r going with tens, the output would be about the same as the two 12" w6s.  The w7 is built for output, the w6 has cleaner sound.  go with the pair of 12s.
"alcohol and night swimming - It's a winning combination!" - Lenny
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
it would also be cheaper for the w6's
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
JL makes some great products but I have found some other companies that also make killer subs: Image Dynamics IDMax, Treo SSi or SSX or the RE SE or SX. Don't overlook Eclipse and Alumapro.
As far as buying a Capacitor, spend the money somewhere else. Do the Big 3 and then see what else you need.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

church_of_bass wrote:
I would go with the w6's.  The w7s have more output, but if u r going with tens, the output would be about the same as the two 12" w6s.  The w7 is built for output, the w6 has cleaner sound.  go with the pair of 12s.

What are you basing these statements on? I'm a JL dealer and just about everything you said ( assuming amp power is equal ) is, well, wrong.

There is no such thing as free installation!
djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
i love w7's and own two of them. they are big suckers and even the 8 inch subs handle more than the traditional sized subs than most others so personnaly i would say w7's series but they cost a bit more than the w6 series.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
mpt408 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for you suggestions and opinion guys.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
2 10 w6's in the right enclosure could outdo a pair of 10w7's...Box is more than the sub.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic