icon

wiring problem, light fuse blowing

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sheppard22 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2006 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
i took the lights out of my climate control knobs and put in new lights connected to a switch, and ever since them the fuse for that blows every time i turn my headlights on, which also makes it so i have no tail lights and cluster lights, when i put a new fuse in today it worked for a while, then i went for a drive and came home and tryed it again and the fuse blew, someone please tell me whats wrong here
el terror 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
did you put a bigger bulb on there? im thinking that if you did it might be pulling too much current that why your fuse keeps on going out or you have a problem somewere still check that you got the right bulbs on there and let me know what happened
sheppard22 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
i dont have any bulbs on there at all connected to the same circuit as the fuse, theyre just on a switch
mjmadskillz 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
i took the lights out of my climate control knobs and put in new lights connected to a switch
Why did you do this?
sheppard22 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  
because the fuse kept blowing and i hate not seeing my knobs so i put them on the same switch as my underdash lights
mjmadskillz 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
Ok ya i see what you did here. Check your wiring connections to make sure all the wires are connected to the right wires example: positive to positive and negative to negative. Also when doing this make sure you disconnect your car battery. Touching the wires to the wrong wires easily blows out the fuse. Or touching any other metal object does this, because it is a live wire.
Also more info is needed please. I still at a lost here. Tell me if iam right here. Your climate control knob lights fuse keeps blowing out. so you rewired them tho your underdash lights. And now whenever you flip the switch for your headlights that fuse blows out also plus ur taillights and cluster lights dont work either becuase they are connected to that fuse. Ok tell me if iam right.
Also if iam right why dont you just restore your climate control knobs to the original factory wirings.
Please tell me if you have anymore questions.
sheppard22 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
yes u are right, if i restore the wires to where they were originally but on the new lights everything should work?
mjmadskillz 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
yes if you want to add the new lights connect them to a 12 volt source. such as the ignition wire. Or ciggarette lighter wire. Or any other lighting fixture that works when the car is not on. Make sure you wire the positive to positive and negative to negative. If you get these wires crossed the fuse will blow.
I hope this has helped you.
Please reply with any questions.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic