icon

Subwoofer Box makes a loud rumble sound

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigwest4085 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  

ok i have a 1994 buick regal and i have 2 12" mofo subs with a A3000db amp. I bought my subwoofer box off ebay for cheap. Now when i turn the bass up more then half way the box starts to rumble.... should i just buy a good Q-logic box...or do you think i should get 2 single 12" box and that way all the bass would be on one box....please let me know what should i do or any box i might wanna buy...

thanks

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

bigwest4085 wrote:
Now when i turn the bass up more then half way the box starts to rumble

What do you mean by "turn the bass up?"  What are you turning up?

Support the12volt.com
bigwest4085 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
the bass knob coming from the amp
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

bigwest4085 wrote:
the bass knob coming from the amp

OK, that is a bass boost control and you are probably driving the amplifier into clipping by cranking it up - or even over-driving your speakers.  If you continue to operate like this you will eventually fry the speakers.  I suggest turning it all the way down, set you volume level to the max you will ever use, then slowly turn it up until the sound begins, then back it off until it stops and leave it there.

Support the12volt.com
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
DYohn...you mean slowly turn the gain up?
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hes probably talking about both. When figuring out what to set them at. first you should have music as loud as youll ever listen to it, then set the gain up until you hear that "rattling" noise that you say you hear. the same will Probably* apply to your "bass boost" knob.
SET AND FORGET the gain.......
boost you can probably tinker with, but shouldnt exceed that max level where you hear that noise.
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
DYohn 
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Actually I was talking adjusting the bass boost - if you use it at all.  I was assuming the gain had already been set and forgotten.
Support the12volt.com
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
Well lets wait and see how he has his gain set...cranked up to the max or set correctly?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic