icon

Tapping Fuse Box Causing Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pioneer212 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

I was installing a standalone DVD player from Audiovox and decided to tap an accessory fuse opening in the fuse box for switched and constant power. Everything went as planned, made sure wiring was correct and not touching anything else, checked grounds and even turned the car ignition switch to ACC for less than 30 secs to see if the standby light on the player would turn on, everything was working.

10 minutes later when I went to take the car out of the garage it wouldn’t start, this being said I drove it into the garage without any problems a couple hours prior. For some reason the battery drained every 30 minutes and would need a jump start to get going. I immediately disconnected the fuse tap to see if that would help. Still drained, so I decided to get a new battery and when it was installed everything worked fine. I am very hesitant to put the tap back in does anyone possibly know what happened? Thanks

Pioneer212

pioneer212 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 20, 2006 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  

DO NOT READ THE ABOVE POST I POSTED IT INCORRECTLY!!!!!

I was installing a standalone DVD player from Audiovox and decided to tap an accessory fuse opening in the fuse box for switched and constant power. Everything went as planned, made sure wiring was correct and not touching anything else, checked grounds and even turned the car ignition switch to ACC for less than 30 secs to see if the standby light on the player would turn on, everything was working. 10 minutes later when I went to take the car out of the garage it wouldn’t start, this being said I drove it into the garage without any problems a couple hours prior. For some reason the battery drained every 30 minutes and would need a jump start to get going. I immediately disconnected the fuse tap to see if that would help. Still drained, so I decided to get a new battery and when it was installed everything worked fine. I am very hesitant to put the tap back in does anyone possibly know what happened? Thanks

Pioneer212

infinkc 
Copper - Posts: 438
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
do it right run it from the ignition, radio harness or directly from the battery.
There are 10 types of people in the world, ones that understand binary and ones that dont.
pioneer212 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  

Ok. But can someone explain what happened?

Pioneer212

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic