icon

Alpine or Clarion, best sounding hu's?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Evolution-UK 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
In your opionions would you say that Alpine or Clarion products offer the best sounding source units?
My personal preference is Alpine. This is due to the fact that i have yet to hear a unit which didn't sound fantastic. They always seem to get it just right.
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
did you check Eclipse HU's?
Shaking The Neighborhood
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Best sounding head units....................... Um non of the above? If I was looking for a unit for sound quality Im gonna go with one of 3 Eclipse Nakamichi or MacIntosh. However if you want me to choose between the two its gonna depend on what dollar point. Clarion has a great unit in their thousand dollar 9 series deck (cant remember the exact model number) but I really dont like the sound of their entry level units, I feel the same way about alpines entry level units, I dont really like them too much but they are better then Clarions. Also Alpine does have that little sexy F#1 series head unit up their sleave, thats kinda like their Trump card that they can play on almost any other consumer deck. Problem is its not really consumer level price point, I think its like 4G or somewhere around there.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  
I gotta agree with Ravendarat. (What's the story behind that name, anyway? It's interesting)
Eclipse, Nak or McIntosh. For about the same amount of money as either of your choices, you can get into an Eclipse with SQ to far exceed either of them... (Until, as noted, you get into their high-end (translation: high-dollar) units) Nak or McIntosh will cost significantly more, (and the Nak is not even CLOSE to what it used to be...) but will be in the same SQ ballpark as the Eclipse. Might I suggest last year's model 8445 or 8455 for you? (I inderstand they're close to the same as the new model CD5000. The CD5000 has a few cosmetic updates and iPod input, other than that, similar) Still available some places, a spectacular performer, with MANY features, and a pretty good remote control...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
troy_audi0 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

Iv used Eclipse Decks since 97 or so Just switched over to the Addzest 9255EXL (Jap Clarion) It sounds Very Good the US one has more gadgets  but since I will be running the Zapco DC Refrence Amps I dont need any of them.. The Eclipse 8053 I used sounded great But the Damn thing is like a disco so damn bright cant chill in the car it lights up the whole thing.. What was the bugget would get a better idea that way..

Iv never been a fan of alpine HU's they are nice & all but just never like them.. thants my $0.10

Peace Troy

Kia Spec 5
Alpine IAW-505
JL HD600/4
JL HD 750/1
Alpine SPX-17Pro
RE Audio SE10
Tsunami Install Parts
camel669 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  

ALPINE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY Have good stuff and their system are very good.

i think alpine are a good company and they give you lots of way to make you system sounds really good.

Their headunits are very very good. and their AMPS are very good and dont use that much power in order to run. 

ALPINE, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG

ALPINE GUY
IVA-D300
PDX-4.150          
PXA-H701
2 * PDX-1.1000
2 x SWX-1242D
sprawl85 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 12:38 PM / IP Logged  
camel669 wrote:

ALPINE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY Have good stuff and their system are very good.

i think alpine are a good company and they give you lots of way to make you system sounds really good.

Their headunits are very very good. and their AMPS are very good and dont use that much power in order to run.

ALPINE, YOU CAN'T GO WRONG

^^^^^^^^^ OMG if you don't know how to speak english don't even try!
fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle... but fiberglass tastes better!
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
I think Camel669 might be an Alpine fan. Sorry but I'm not that excited.
Alpine makes some ok decks. My first Alpine deck failed in the first month I owned it. Alpine could have done a better job with repair and customer service. My second CDA-7998 has been working for 3+ year now and have been happy (now discontinued. Is it the greatest deck in the world, No. It does have a few nice features and sounds better than most. It's replacement will probily an Eclipse or a Clarion DRZ.
This might be a bit off topic but I want a deck that is an updated 7909. Not because it is an Alpine or I like green lights. That deck is straight foreward Sound Quality. No BS contour circuits, no flashing displays or anything I don't need. Stright signal in, straight signal out! Nakamichi, McIntosh have also followed this idea.
The rest of Alpine's product lines are subject to personal opinion. There are too many other great products out there to limit your choice to Alpine.
Talk to a few dealers, ask what they have in their vehicles.
camel669 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

the guy asked Alpine or Clarion products ( not other choice:)

i said alpine because i been with them for 4 years and they have the best stuff. AND THE BEST SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

my friend still has the first deck that i bought 4 years ago, and it still woking!!!!!!!!!!

and when the first speaker want, it took 3 day to get new one in the box.

sooo i have no problems with them

GO WITH ALPINE !!!!!!!!!!!!

ALPINE GUY
IVA-D300
PDX-4.150          
PXA-H701
2 * PDX-1.1000
2 x SWX-1242D

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic