icon

2003 Mitsu Eclipse w/ Infinity

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrod04 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all, need a little help here.  Getting ready to install a HU, sub amp and subs into the wifey's 2003 Eclipse. It has the factory 6 disc Infinity system, so I know it isn't going to be a cake walk.  For the time being I need to know if anyone can tell me the easiest and most cost effective way of integrating the factory amp to the Sony HU.  We will be keeping the factory speakers all around, and would also like to keep the dash clock/compass functional.  I haven't had much experience integrating before, so all help will be evaluated. Any diagrams with wire colors locations on the amp side would also be helpful.  Thanks in advance, Jared.
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
That's a wise decision to keep the factory amp/speakers.  Search for an amp integration harness for your car, which you should be able to get through a local retailer.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
rumtech 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
unless the head unit is bad i suggest keeping it and getting something like a rockford fosgate 3 sixety, you will keep the factory look and the 6 disc cd player, you will get much better sound quality and a sub out with 5 volt pre outs.
jrod04 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
No the head unit is fine, however my wife is wanting her deck put in her new car.  I just bought it for her at Christmas and she feels as if it going to waste.  The RF 3-sixty, after doing a little research, seems like an excelent alternative to replacing the deck, however $400 is a little steep for us.  I am going to try an integration harness.  If anyone has the specific PN fo one, please post it up.  I couldn't find one at Metra or PIE, but my not have looked in the right place.  Thanks for the response and any other options will be considered.
jrod04 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
UPDATE-- Found amp integration harness today, should be in by Friday.  It is a simple little guy, with a mating BUS plug, that the factory amp plugs into, and two sets of  RCA's that go to the aftermarket HU.  Should save alot of wiring time.  Will let y'all know of the outcome, and the part number for future reference.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic