icon

2002 GMC Yukon w/onstar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrod04 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2006 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Me again, with another vehicle, another question.  This time for my 2002 Yukon SLT, which has Onstar (whoopty-do) and the divorced tape deck, as well as the sub and rear seat audio controls.  I really have no plans of using the Onstar, so that isn't a concern, but i would like to use the factory speakers and amp for a while untill I can afford some good component sets all around.  I will be using the Alpine deck that I already have.  I keep reading about this pink wire in the harness going to the tape deck, but what is this going to be ran to??I assume it is going to go to the amp turn on from the HU? Also is there any way to keep the factory sub functional, so that when I remove my aftermarket subs to haul stuff/people I can still have decent sound??  I would also like to keep the function of the tape deck and the rear audio controls if at all possible.  Any help/ wiring diagrams would be great, as my searches haven't turned up too much.  Thanks again, Jared.
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
The pink wire is the factory amp remote trigger to turn it on. Hook the blue/white from the Alpine to it. You can't use the tape deck and rear audio controls with the Alpine. The factory sub is run off the factory amp so it will continue to work.
sparky
jrod04 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
Well two out of four ain't bad.  Thanks for the help.
jrod04 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2006 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
UPDATE-- I installed the Alpine HU into the Yukon today, and regarding the pink turn on lead, found out it won't work if you wire it to the power antennae lead.  Even thought the initial turn on voltage is the same, after about 90 seconds, the voltage drops to almost nil, and you lose sound.  When hooked up to the same wire, the CD player provided no sound.  It was a simple swap to connect to the amp turn on lead, and all is well.  It is amazing how much the SQ improved even using the factory amp and speakers.  And yes the factory sub hits alot cleaner and harded as well.  Can't wait to get my wiring ran to my amp, and my new sub box built.  Thanks for the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic