the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Python 900 & Viper 130XV add-on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
Im about to install a Python 900 and use the Viper 130XV as a remote start add-on.
I want to use the retained accesory output wire of the Python. Would i connect this to the Orange (200mA accessory turn ON) wire on the Viper? (It doesnt mention if this is an input or output)
Also, would it be okay to use the parking light wire of the Viper to power the headlights instead? (be better to have the headlight turn on when remote start instead of parking light flash)
Thanks
jhull 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
the orange your talking about on the remote starter is a output (-200mA) its used for adding additional relays if your vehicle has more then one accessory wire it will activate the relay when using the remote starter. the way i do this is
hook up the RED / white wire on the alarm to the blue/white wire on the remote starter (this activates the remote starter when you activate channel 3)
hook up the blue (instant trigger) from the alarm to the status wire of the remote start (blue/white wire) (this will shut down the shock sensor when you remote start the car)
hook the yellow wire from the remote start harness to the yellow ignition wire of the alarm (this will tell the alarm when the ignition is activated without being remote started)
I would just leave it hooked up to the parking lights. you can program it to just turn them on rather then flash them if you want.. what kinda car are you doing this in?
captainzab 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2006 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
jhull wrote:
the orange your talking about on the remote starter is a output (-200mA) its used for adding additional relays if your vehicle has more then one accessory wire it will activate the relay when using the remote starter. the way i do this is
hook up the RED / white wire on the alarm to the blue/white wire on the remote starter (this activates the remote starter when you activate channel 3)
hook up the blue (instant trigger) from the alarm to the status wire of the remote start (blue/white wire) (this will shut down the shock sensor when you remote start the car)
hook the yellow wire from the remote start harness to the yellow ignition wire of the alarm (this will tell the alarm when the ignition is activated without being remote started)
I would just leave it hooked up to the parking lights. you can program it to just turn them on rather then flash them if you want.. what kinda car are you doing this in?
I know how to wire it up the alarm to the remote start system.
what you said about connect RED / white to WHITE/ blue is wrong (channel 2 is for trunk)
you dont need to use instant trigger to status because all zone are bypass when channel 3 is used to remote start (all apart of the alarm system)
But aside from that, do i need to use a relay to power the accessory wire for retained accessory to work?
Also, can anyone confirm if the orange wire on the 4pin harness of the Viper is an input or output for accessory.
jhull 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 5:14 AM / IP Logged  
Im assuming you use the white blue wire then. i know on the older pythons this didnt shut down other sensors.... i havent tried it on the new systems i would use the RED / white then reprogram the remote to make the remote start button activate it. im going to have to try just using the white blue from now on...
if your talking about the orange on the 4 pin harness (there should be a pink, blue, orange, and purple) there all for adding additional relays there all outputs. the pink is 200mA ignition output, the orange is 200mA accessory output, the blue is 200mA status output, and the purple is 200mA starter output.
jhull 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 5:20 AM / IP Logged  
the only orange wire I know on the python system is the ground when armed its a output and wouldnt need to connect to anything on the remote start.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
captainzab wrote:
Also, can anyone confirm if the orange wire on the 4pin harness of the Viper is an input or output for accessory.
Technically, it is an output used to trigger other accessory relays. But if you were to ground that wire it feeds back and powers the accessory circuit of the relay pack.
I did a Python 900 with a 561t add-on remote start in my last car.
Usually you have the RAP output of the Python 900 trigger a relay that powers the radio circuit, or whatever you want powered. I did that on my last car. I am 99% sure if you just connected the RAP output of the alarm to the skinny orange in the 4-pin harness of the relay pack it will do what you want. I have never tried it though.
captainzab 
Posted: June 24, 2006 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks JWorm,
ill use one of those older RS system with the relay pack & those thin harness and power the acc wire to keep my retain access.
But now i have to find a place to hide relay pack and brain =(

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic