the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

central grounding

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I ve got an old mercury in my bay, I have tested an the speakers pulse but they apparently have only 1 ground for the front and 1 for the back,. I have not installed a head unit in a situation like this ever, can I install new alpine in  this car by connecting the grounds together or do I have to re-string new speaker wire in this car?
jugga-nemo 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately, you will have to run all new speaker wire. I had this problem in my '85 and '86 300ZX's. I'm not sure whether you would have to swap the speakers as well (don't think so), but I did in my car anyways (already planned to swap the stock speakers with components).
5.25" Components & 5x7 Coax Kappas w/Power Acoustik OV4-800
KAC 7252 powering 2 D3 8" Diamonds
KDC-MP728, KGC-4042A
xtremej 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
Ya I figured this out, it needed new speakers sadly enough the car was not worth even a new cd player much less new speakers.
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
hey just because the car is a beater doesnt mean it doesnt deserve an audio upgrade. lol. I was thinking about buying an old '94 cavalier wagon and putting 10 subs in it a a crapload of component speakers. granted they were going to be mostly low end stuff, but it still would have sounded somewhat decent. Its always whats on the inside that counts. lol
"People with mullets live 40% longer"   - Ricky Bobby
xtremej 
Posted: June 23, 2006 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it was ultimately the customers decision on whether or not he wanted to spend the money to install new speakerscd player/wires+labor on this rig. He ended up appreciating my decision in not installing new equipment, he also liked my idea about a demolition derby for his car, haha!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic